Discuss Getting work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered what was the best way to market yourself ( company) for PV installs. Do most of your clients get you from the MCS register? or recommendations from clients you have done installs for. What is the best way to break into this market? We don't seem to be getting many enquiries at the moment. We have a web site ( not that good though, needs improving ) we give out flyers but the phone just don't seem to ring. Its not something we totally rely on but all we hear is other companies are rushed off their feet with PV , not sure what we are doing wrong?:eek:

Thanks for your reply. Yep I agree PV is just another service, we do thermal as well, its just we are not getting enough inquires at the moment let alone a foot in the door. We get more calls from Google listing companies ( about two a day ) than customers.

I doubt in a competitive world anyone's going to give you their marketing successes but for a foot in the door you might want to think about joining MarkC etc's website and buy in referrals from those companies that are doubtless selling their wares to you on the phone most days. That's how we started and we run on recommendations and web referrals now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally i would'nt go down the cold calling double glazing style ,this thing generally leads to industries having a bad reputation as target driven salesman in my experiense tend to stretch the truth

Then I'm afraid you don't understand what we are about.

We are not cold callers. We are a group of small company installers looking to increase our web based foot print to combat the Nationals who have huge advertising budgets. We DO NOT SELL off our web site just promote a find a local installer site. All are vetted and all are MCS, REAL etc. By joining the site we as members benefit form being able to have a larger Web presents with out the individual cost. We do not sell leads or even charge a fee for being a member.

We are not like other lead generation site or similar, we do not want a % of an install price if you get a job via our website, in fact we don't even want to know if you get a job from it. It is up the a potential customer to find our website and then be guided to find a local installer in their area.

We also offer a members forum for any issue regarding PV, thermal, roofing, technical, or just a moan. Free from criticism and worries of saying something that some might see as a stupid question. Members arms also offers the ability to gauge the market, costs and misleading information with out Mr Joe Public being able to view, something which I personally find invaluable to judge the market in the UK as a whole.

Don't waste your money on advertising unless you have serious money. You'll be throwing it good money after bad. I have many years experience with marketing in this field with what you guys would consider serious marketing budgets and I never paid for press, radio or tv advertising.

Reply to Getting work in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net