Discuss Getting Ze with Fluke 1652 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SparkieBusiness

Hi all,
can i asked the question to make sure i'm doing this correctly.
Using a Fluke 1652 I'm testing for the Ze.
i've got the tester on the LOOP setting with L-PE selected.
LEADS -
RED - INCOMING L
GREEN - DISCONNECTED INCOMMING EARTH
BLUE - INCOMMING N

Is this correct? All my college notes just say L + N... but the FLUKE wont give me a reading with just these connected.:confused:

Thanks in advance

Tyrone

Your doing it right for Ze. Press F1 to change between L-N and LN-E. Should give you the pefc and pscc at the same time at the bottom of the wee screen.

If your not getting a reading try changing the batteries as the readings get unstable once batterys gets a bit low. There is always the chance that the earth has gone so try your meter on another board to see.

Cheers!
Much happier now I know i'm doing it right!
Yeah got the PSCC AND PEFC bit, also have got new batteries. found i have a dodgy green lead. Might get all new fuses and test.

Thanks again for the reply.
Tyrone

Hi all,
can i asked the question to make sure i'm doing this correctly.
Using a Fluke 1652 I'm testing for the Ze.
i've got the tester on the LOOP setting with L-PE selected.
LEADS -
RED - INCOMING L
GREEN - DISCONNECTED INCOMMING EARTH
BLUE - INCOMMING N

Is this correct? All my college notes just say L + N... but the FLUKE wont give me a reading with just these connected.:confused:

Thanks in advance

Tyrone

I am using a Fluke 1652 and this is how I do:

Ze Measurement
Disconnect PE (Earth lead) from the bar
Set the meter to Z1 and press F1 to display L & PE (if necessary)
Connect Green cable to E, Blue to N and Red to L -> Press Test -> record Ze

PFC Measurement
Connect PE (Earth lead) back to the bar
Set the meter to Z1 and press F1 to display L & PE (if necessary)
Green cable to E, Blue to N and Red to L -> Press Test -> note down PFEC
Now press F1 to display L & N -> press test -> note down PFSCC
Record the higher of the two readings

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I recognise that 1652 with the dodgy leads and low batteries, glad you got it sorted mate :)
Congrats on passing the practical too, I told you you'd have no problem with it, do you know if everyone else passed?

Cheers!
John - the bloke with the 1652b @BTC

Hi John, how are you? Well done to you too!

I’ve got to send the tester off to be calibrated now as was still getting funny readings.

Thanks for your help during the course. Are you back for any others? I’ve got the Alarm course in AUG.

I only know of Anwaar who passed (the one I was tested with)

Keep in mind that if you ever need a hand on a job either weekends or during the school holidays I’ll be up for it!!

Tyrone

Reply to Getting Ze with Fluke 1652 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net