Discuss Girlfriends at work and working on a garment, in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lithuania

You hate him now, don't you.

Well the Polish and Lithuanians in our place hate each other, I love winding them up by mistaking their nationality.
Poland and Lithuania in the 17th century had a massive commonwealth in Eastern Europe, Jageiłło was King of Poland by marriage.

Where from in Eastern Europe?
Lithuania

You hate him now, don't you.

Well the Polish and Lithuanians in our place hate each other, I love winding them up by mistaking their nationality.
Poland and Lithuania in the 17th century had a massive commonwealth in Eastern Europe, Jageiłło was King of Poland by marriage.
I already knew this, but I was told by a Polish friend that it wasn't really an equal relationship, he said the Poles subjugated the Lithuanians, in the same way the Russians dominated the Poles during communism.

We also have Lithuanians who are from the East and West of their country, they dislike each other as well, a few girls actually describe themselves as Russian born in Lithuania.

It's funny because to the vast majority of Irish, we just see them as one and the same. I've seen a Pole and Slovakian partnered up together because they should be able to talk to each other.

Another time a Slovenian fellow was handed instructions in Slovakian and management thought he was a useless worker because he couldn't follow them.

Ahhhh "that lot" brainwashed by the Ruskies.......

Here's a clue

IMG_20181201_211248.jpg

Let's start with spelling. Differences in British and American spelling. ... The main difference is that British English keeps the spelling of words it has absorbed from other languages, mainly French and German. Whilst American English spellings are based mostly on how the word sounds when it is spoken.

Are you still with me?
Like gray and grey.

Reply to Girlfriends at work and working on a garment, in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net