Discuss Giving customer quotes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

GSD77

As MCS accredited installers how do you guys give your prospective customers a price do you give them a price there and then or do you carry out your site survey then come away and do all your SAP calcs etc and get back within in a day or so. Whats best ?

Following the initial telephone conversation when the survey was booked I have a rough idea. I prepare a quote with three fully costed options for them which are all marked 'indicative quote subject to site survey'. I go to the customer and conduct the survey. I then hand over the quote explaining each option and if for example it wouldn't fit on their roof then I point out that it won't work for them and mark that in pen on their copy. If one option fits well with them then great or perhaps the whole thing needs to be re-done either way they have something to consider and 9 times out of 10 one of the 3 options suits or is pretty close. They have some fully explained paperwork to mull over when I get back I update the provisional quote and re-send the quote to them knowing that they understand it.

I've got a spreadsheet that makes that whole process really easy, it pumps out lots of paper but the customer is proposing to spend £15k they deserve a few pages and an explanation. The customers love the thoroughness of the approach and I can indulge in the theatre of measuring roof pitch and exact azimuth when in reality I know that according to SAP it's 30degrees and South.

I'm not the cheapest but I am the best and the preparation before site survey, thorough site survey and follow up re-enforces that. Better to do 4 brilliant installs a month than compete hard for 8 making half the profit I say!

I am the best and the preparation before site survey, thorough site survey and follow up re-enforces that. Better to do 4 brilliant installs a month than compete hard for 8 making half the profit I say![/QUOTE]

Modest too :D agree about price but we're being forced down by installers who don't fully understand the overheads. One of our wholesalers reckons we're in about the cheapest part of the country - you'll pay uip to 3k more if you travel 150 miles down country, more if you go further.

I'm fortunate then, I charge £4000 per kWp and I'm often the cheapest but sometimes companies from away come down and quote less but from what I can gather they've wasted their fuel because the type of people who spend their savings on PV are unlikely to by the cheapest system from someone a long way away. Remeber too that you can't discount by more than £200 once you've given the customer a quote, it's all in the REAL code and if you're quoting against a double glazing firm then chances are that they're breaking so much of the code that they should lose their MCS!

Reply to Giving customer quotes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock