Discuss Glass washing machine 3 phase 63a per phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

as stated above. not my bag. i will do it though. and i will do the job well. after advice not criticism. can i not ask advice on here? so instead of being a ****? why not advise..

Honestly, from what you have said you have a very poor understanding of the job at hand, a simple job, which is why you are being asked so many questions.
Just provide as much info as possible and you will get as much help as possible. This is the internet and you can ask questions but you have no given right to receive the answers you expect to.

Damn thats a big mother! Sure it wont melt the plastic cups:)
Anyhow at 16mm² the armour should suffice as a CPC. So four core is a viable choice. There is a PDF on here somewhere with the steel equivalent to copper ratings. Is this clipped direct and horizontal run?

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how the adeabatic works out, existing supply test results, Zdb etc, then I would probably go with a 4 core. Use the armour as CPC, install a TPN&E socket. The N may not be required for this machine but might be needed in the future.

Honestly, from what you have said you have a very poor understanding of the job at hand, a simple job, which is why you are being asked so many questions.
Just provide as much info as possible and you will get as much help as possible. This is the internet and you can ask questions but you have no given right to receive the answers you expect to.
andy, as i have said, clipped direct 16mm. rather than rely on the SWA earth i would personally run 5 core? and neither to incorporate a switched fused isolator? all I'm asking

i haven't no. its easier to ask. but as i guessed on here its a waste of time. I'm extremely tired. earnt £1630, in 4 days and working tomorrow. but yes I'm a useless ---- yes yes. came on here for advice.

Steady on now, no need to get so despondent. It sounds from what you are saying it is a plan. And workable. So you have had a couple of comments but steady on now.

its not my bag. i just want instructions on what to do. yes i am a spark 2330 qual 10 years ago. sorry i need to ask. but i do what i do. and earn well. new job comes up ill do it ask advice. anyone want to give??

I think it is quite a jump from domestic/new build to go into commercial and do a 3 phase but in principle I cannot see why anyone should not do so. The tech department who does the machine should be able to advise. Is there any reason someone should not be helped or encouraged on such a jump really? It seems the basic calcs are done and yes there would appear to be a learning curve involved but are we not here to do that??? or no? Or am I missing something?

And with that attitude your not going to get very far are you mate.
haven't got attitude. don't see why people can't share information. we are here for a good time. not a long time.
I think it is quite a jump from domestic/new build to go into commercial and do a 3 phase but in principle I cannot see why anyone should not do so. The tech department who does the machine should be able to advise. Is there any reason someone should not be helped or encouraged on such a jump really? It seems the basic calcs are done and yes there would appear to be a learning curve involved but are we not here to do that??? or no? Or am I missing something?
yes i have done cable calcs to determine cable size. but unsure if a fused isolator was nessasary? it seems not? and my theory of running a separate cpc is also not nessasary??

Commando socket serves as local Isolation up to 32amp sockets
However,
Personally I'd come from the DB to a 125amp rotary Isolator then link with a bit of 25mm conduit and mount the plug underneath, or I'd get a interlink socket with a built in isolator.

The reason I'd go this route is because your struggle terminating an 16mm 4 core SWA straight into a 63 amp socket.
In my opinion 63amp rotary isolators are made to small as well.

Last edited:

Reply to Glass washing machine 3 phase 63a per phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net