Discuss global optitrac won't stay enabled in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

provr6

I've got my bluetooth dongle and got sunny explorer up and running. I've logged in as USER and changed global Optitrac to ON and pressed save.

When I exit and re-enter sunny explorer Global Optitrac has gone back to OFF. Am i doing something wrong?

Have you tried logging on as an installer? As far as I know the user login has read only access only and cannot make changes to the configuration of the inverter.

Have you tried logging on as an installer? As far as I know the user login has read only access only and cannot make changes to the configuration of the inverter.

Tried that and same thing. When I look in the event log it shows Optitrac turned on and repeats the event every minute.
As soon as I exit explorer and go back in it shows Optitrac as off despite me hitting save. It also displays an hourglass that dosen't appear to do anything.

Do you need to reboot the inverter or anything after switching optitrac on?

Another thought, does the inverter have to be operating to be able to turn the setting on, its night now and the inverter is sleeping?

Another thought, does the inverter have to be operating to be able to turn the setting on, its night now and the inverter is sleeping?
Most inverters seem to need DC power before you can play with them, some let you set a longer delay on switch off so you can gather date within a nice timeframe.

From memory you make the change and the inverter will action it at start of feed in. If you log in again it will show it as unchanged.

So set it and check the event log in the morning.

For the record, my SMA 4000TL actions the Optitrac change immediately no matter if it's day or night. I have switched it on and off numerous times. The change can be evidenced by logging out then back in again to check it, also by switching the inverter physically on and off then logging in to check.
Hope that helps.

there are some aspects of the inverter settings that can be changed without sunlight being on, and others that can't. Mozzerr could be right that this is one that can.

From memory you make the change and the inverter will action it at start of feed in. If you log in again it will show it as unchanged.

So set it and check the event log in the morning.

Thanks to everyone. The above is correct in my case. I logged on this morning to activate it in Daylight only to find it was already on.

So you can turn it on at night but won't register as on until the inverter is working in the morning (in my case anyway).

could it be that optitrac was on from the factory?

No, it was definitely off when I first loaded explorer, I checked! The reason it would not stay enabled is definitely because I activated it at night and the inverter wasn't working (no light).

Come morning it was working fine and remains enabled at all times.

ok thanks . i need to get this sorted now with my sunnyboy. i harvested 11.08 today and 11.83 thursday 22nd march

Its pretty easy to do as long as you have bluetooth on your computer/laptop. I didn't and bought a USB bluetooth. Its worth not installing the usb software and just let windows find suitable drivers.

I generated 11.93 today with optitrac on. It was sunny all day but with a slight haze. My best in Mar is 13kw with pure blue sky with Optitrac off. It hasn't been long enough yet to determine how effective it is but I do think it is doing something. Certainly the curves on the graphs in SExplorer are smoother.

iam not great with all the tech stuff. in the hand book [ or may have been their website} it shows optitrac being 97% effiecent in shade compared to 80 something% without. installers dont give me much confidence, my neighbour is electronics expert best get him on the job.
nice to meet someone with same issues . all the best. sundown.

My Installer had never heard of it and he has the same inverter. It really is straightforward you can do it on your own. 1)Download Sunny explorer, 2) get bluetooth, 3) open sunny explorer and it leads you all the way. You don't have to do anything to the inverter as the bluetooth finds it on its own. Simples

Reply to global optitrac won't stay enabled in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net