Discuss Go to choice of white plastic accessories. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Probably Crabtree because I consider them to be a happy medium between price, quality, availability and consistency. In reality I usually seem to continue whatever make is already being used, so it's useful when what is already being used is something readily available, like Crabtree or MK.
I don't think I've ever come across Click Mode; while I agree they look flexible I don't think I've ever found myself in a situation where I couldn't use something off the shelf from Crabtree, with the possible exception of a grid for kitchen appliances.

Contrary to Will, I'd say that Hager Sollysta is some of the best quality stuff I've used, however I tend to use Click Mode simply because of the convenience and price of the minigrid stuff. The quality is reasonable on most of it, but there are a few bits that are a bit iffy (the minigrid flex outlets for example seem to disintegrate fairly easily and I've had quite a few dimmer failures).

Hager Sollysta for me for my basic white plastic choice.
It's a good wide range with top build quality, pretty good looking, really well designed for ease of installation and testing, and the price is only a small percentage more than the basic square edged ranges I would class as a compromise on both quality and looks.
The switch modules are interchangeable on the plate switches too apart from the 3 gang on a single plate, which is one moulded module.
All switches feature a neutral loop terminal.
They also have a grid range to match which offers flexibility when needed.

I have used click mode before, but generally in a decorative option. When a decorative option is needed with flexible requirements such as a kitchen fit, I look at whichever range suits the install.

with the hager sollysta range do they do media/euro plates and modules like sat, tv, bt etc? Ive used the hager range before on a office refit and liked the switches because of the neutral terminal.

with the hager sollysta range do they do media/euro plates and modules like sat, tv, bt etc? Ive used the hager range before on a office refit and liked the switches because of the neutral terminal.

Yes they do. I have just finished a print shop data job, around 40 points, using Hager euro plates with cat6 modules. Lovely quality modules with a very slim profile. The budget brand modules I was offered by my wholesaler were that bulky front to back they would not even fit in a 25mm trunking box.

This is their euro module range

White Moulded Euro Accomodation Plates & Modules White Moulded - http://www.hager.co.uk/product-catalogue/wiring-accessories/sollysta/white-moulded/white-moulded-euro-accomodation-plates-modules/58361.htm

Click Mode for white, and for decorative as well...gives some great options like this (D/W, W/M Isolators and a Fuse for Mood Lighting which is controlled by sensors)

Go to choice of white plastic accessories. IMG_20160812_123409282 - EletriciansForums.net

I noticed when I posted it lol, they hadn't been levelled off at that stage - but I go horizontal with them rather than vertical :)
I level them off horizontally as well - mostly because I think they look better that way, but partly because everyone else does them vertically and this way I can see which accessories I've done.

Reply to Go to choice of white plastic accessories. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock