Discuss Going for NICEIC Registration at long last. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Twistedfinger

At long last I am finally getting around to applying for NIC approval. I've been meaning to do it for ages but "other " stuff kept getting in the way and delayed the application.

I've just been re reading the Guide and one part has me worried. There is a paragraph that says:

"How you have complied with notifiable work under the Building Regulations"

Now as I set about on this quest a while ago I took on some domestic DB changes with the view to timing the installations with my application so as to allow time for notification to building control when I was approved. I only took these on so that I had more jobs on the books and so that I could present a good range of works. I usually do mostly industrial with some commercial so it seemed like a good idea. Now with a couple of these jobs 6 months old and well outside the 28 day notification period the above comment got me wondering. My instinct is to re do the greens so as to get the timing right, and to be honest this is the way I'll probably go ( I know both house holders so I can't see it being a problem for them) I was wondering though how the inspectors have been with other applicants in similar situations i.e domestic "part P" works done by non part P electricians.

Do Niccy turn a blind eye or am I in the lap of the gods if the inspector suspects something dodgy ?

Twisted

And.... Its down to you when the job is "finished". Nudge nudge wink wink. Then and only then are you supposed to notify, so over to you, you may have started those jobs six months ago.....

blow the dust off the board and change the date, inspector wants to see a tidy job and probably more interested in the paperwork in the year ahead, especially paperwork with the queens head on it ....

Reply to Going for NICEIC Registration at long last. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock