Discuss Going Self Employed NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have recently qualified and plan on going self employed in the near future. if i wanted to sign off my own work am i able to register with NICEIC without having my inspection and testing cert or does this not apply as i will have covered it in my apprenticeship? and be able to certify my works any help would be appreciated

thanks

I think you need test & inspect for the approved contractor but not domestic installer.

officially you need the testing quals, but with niceic/elecsa you can sit there own online knowledge exam when you apply with your books that is accepted by them as a suitable alternative!! not sure about NAPIT or stroma but they will basically bend over backwards to get you signed up!

They used to ask you to promise to do the test and inspect,within the year....and ask the same,at every renewal :) those in the know,could get around this,by merely crossing their fingers,whilst promising.

Reply to Going Self Employed NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock