Discuss going to try a 'pro' alarm install in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Finished 1st fixing my brother and his misses new house last week!
Wired for intruder alarm too

only installed 2 alarms before both being a budget honeywell one with global tamper!

This is the diagram I drew to help me wire those (attached)

I am looking to install a slightly more pro install at my brothers- likely the Texecom premier elite- but I know the wiring is slightly different for the tamp circuit

does anyone have a nice diagram for mwoi!

going to try a 'pro' alarm install Intruder Alarm 1 - EletriciansForums.net

nottoo sure about the premier elite, buti think each zone may have it's own tamper loop. or......end of line resistors. this entails a single loop for alarm and tamperwith a R in parallel with the alarm contact and another R in series. the Texecom manual gives clear diagrams for each method.

Telecom is a low grade alarm IMO, I got a lot of them and I find pyronix/Eaton to be the best. Been fitting 9651 alarms for quite some time now and far less problematic and simpler than texecom and other brands. I'd try it, instructions on ditto f are incredibly explanatory is it' for first and any other problems I can help you on here if you wish

Telecom is a low grade alarm IMO, I got a lot of them and I find pyronix/Eaton to be the best. Been fitting 9651 alarms for quite some time now and far less problematic and simpler than texecom and other brands. I'd try it, instructions on ditto f are incredibly explanatory is it' for first and any other problems I can help you on here if you wish
yeah right ,I only fit texecom alarms .since they first came on the market.
I have had to replace 2X pyronix alarms last year alone.

Texecom for me. 4K7 resistor in parallel across alarm and 2K2 resistor in series for tamper. Say you use yellow and blue as your zone wiring.... In the PIR take yellow to 1st alarm terminal with one leg of the 4K7 resistor twist the other leg of the 4K7 resistor with one leg of the 2K2 resistor and terminate it in the other alarm terminal, other leg of the 2K2 resistor goes into one of the tamper terminals and blue connects to the other tamper terminal. Buy the USB com lead, register as an installer and download Wintex. It's an absolute doddle to set the panel up with Wintex and takes only a few minutes. For the bell box go for the texecom odyssey X3. If the wall hasn't been plastered yet where the RKP is then buy the recessed back box and install a flush keypad as looks better. I normally put a Ricochet expander in as standard and use the ricochet micro door contacts as looks 10 x better than the usuall bulky door contacts you normally see. They are tiny and you don't have to staple a cable to it.

Texecom DBE-0002 Premier Elite FMK Flush Mounted Back Box for Texecom Premier Elite Keypads - Texecom Premier Elite Alarms - Security Systems - Security - https://www.powersaver.co.uk/security/security-systems/texecom-premier-premier-elite-panels-accessories/texecom-dbe-0002-premier-elite-fmk-flush-mounted-back-box-for-texecom-premier-elite-keypads.html

Odyssey X External Sounders - Texecom - http://www.texe.com/uk/products/series/external-sounders/odyssey-x-series/

Texecom USB-COM Interface Connector JAC-0001 - https://www.alertelectrical.com/texecom-usb-com-interface-connector-jac-0001.html?prod_id=1036&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv4uosJHq2AIV7ZTtCh2Jhgi6EAkYASABEgIF1PD_BwE

Texecom Ricochet 8XP-W Ricochet Wireless Expander GCD-0001 - https://www.alertelectrical.com/premier-elite-8xp-w-ricochet-wireless-expander.html

Register - Texecom - http://www.texe.com/int2/register.php?act=forgotten

Software & Peripherals - Texecom - http://www.texe.com/uk/products/range/software-peripherals/

Last edited:
Another vote for Texecom Premier Elite panels, as Lee has already mentioned the Ricochet (wireless equipment) is brilliant if any additions/alterations are required at a later date.

Another +1 for the Texecom Premier Elites, took the plunge myself in December as a first alarm and found it surprisingly pleasurable to install and configure. Mrs loves the app too so she knows whats going on. Ive also added a cheap GSM text/dialer to it to make it dual signalling too.

If you are doing a fresh install do FSL wiring so just 4 core, its neater to run. Need 8 core to the Texecom bell though, i went for the illuminated one, looks the -------s, neighbor has already asked how to get one.

Cheers

Brian

No, i think it only actually needs six, sorry for saying 'needs'.

I did 8 core as I did grade3 bells at home so 7+8 are the additional fault connections on the grade3.

I attach a pic

going to try a 'pro' alarm install IMG_1534 - EletriciansForums.net

I wired Test to OP1 as per the manual so you can make a noise from WinTex, not configured that yet.

Reply to going to try a 'pro' alarm install in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock