Discuss Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well that's the first part just watched. Good point damian all people in company should be registered. It seems they are saying that people think they don't full under EWR.

Well, that was very interesting...Mr Skelton you came across very well, must have been quite stressfull... especially without the lackys the second panel had, handing notes to them when they got tongue tied.
They were saved by the bell....one register in 6 months time with some symbol or quality mark that must be registered first to protect their profits, probably in the shape of a swastika surrounded by £££££ notes......but be careful what you wish for........

tighter regulations on qualifications to join such a scheme/register and become an electrician will inevitably fuel a gold rush for the training providers (including all the schemes themselves as most provide training courses) and we'll all have to achieve a new and very expensive qualification to continue working, along with increased annual assessment fees to cover the cost of the new register and advertising to the public, and of course enforcement for not being a member of the scheme...god Im so cynical.......but right

Last edited by a moderator:
well done to all in the 1st section. as for the second lot they have a new job waiting as politicians. cant answer a straight question. sidetracking or changing the question and claiming they haven't got the answer to hand.

I only watched a brief part in which the question of how many have been thrown out for poor practices was asked , and she blatantly tried to give a false impression !
At which point I thought I would save watching it until after seeing that new series on CH4 called Benefits Street , so I can be in the right frame of mind when I see what contempt the leaches see us with !

Well done anyway , if you do not try you will Never even have a chance to change things for the better , even if up against the impossible .

You must have balls of steel ! :2guns:

The first section represented the sparks better. Baby trying to walk springs to mind. Jib need to note it's not just about nvq 3. These times we live in were not all in trade from day one of training. Well done to the first section though.

I'm not sure they should have had a representative from a Training Provider giving evidence, could be construed as 'Self Interest' as far as eliminating Electrical Trainee. Things like that get picked up on!

Hey Archy, agreed, but everybody knew what he represented and i thought he came across ok. But, what is the consensus, LABC control is obviously a no go, so..........single scheme & register, one card for name of individual (not company) , teeth for policing, advertising.....but the sticking point entry quals....what constitutes competancy and qualification.....cos NVQ3 at 3 grand is b........s.....t

You came across well Mr S, as did your fellow panel members. Shame the second lot were given the right to reply! Is it too much to hope that the committee blows all of the schemes out of the water and creates a government backed single enterprise with one register and strict qualifying criteria?

The first lot deserve medals for plain speaking ...... whilst the second lot should be ashamed of themselves. Talk about turkeys not voting for Xmas!

I thought DS came across well, as he'll see from posts elsewhere.

However, I have to ask....

Who did your makeup Daaahling you looked positively aaawful. :p

You could of had a shave for your online appearance ;) ;) ... just watching the next bunch getting grilled... they are buckling in areas :goofy:

Haha, cheeky sod! I like my beard thank you very much! London was very nippy today and I can say that my face was comfortably warm the whole time! :D

I bet his Mum's got tears in her eyes watching her boy there! :)

Boy?! Oit! who're you calling 'boy'?! lol :)

Well guys, thank you all very much for the support and the positive comments! You can at least put a face to the name now :D

It was certainly an experience I won't be forgetting in a hurry! I hope to be able to do it again some day!

Well, that was very interesting...Mr Skelton you came across very well, must have been quite stressfull... especially without the lackys the second panel had, handing notes to them when they got tongue tied.
They were saved by the bell....one register in 6 months time with some symbol or quality mark that must be registered first to protect their profits, probably in the shape of a swastika surrounded by £££££ notes......but be careful what you wish for........

tighter regulations on qualifications to join such a scheme/register and become an electrician will inevitably fuel a gold rush for the training providers (including all the schemes themselves as most provide training courses) and we'll all have to achieve a new and very expensive qualification to continue working, along with increased annual assessment fees to cover the cost of the new register and advertising to the public, and of course enforcement for not being a member of the scheme...god Im so cynical.......but right

I totally agree with the above, there is no way they will ever scrap the scheme's & the yearly fee's will most likely increase to cover the new licence or badge. I agree that 3 years at college plus an inspection & testing qualification (2391) on top should be the absolute minimum.

For his services to our profession Mr. Skelton now has the title:

Fidei Defensor
Defender of the Faith

The same accord has been given elsewhere.

Thank you Damian.

Reply to Good Luck Mr Damian Skelton (D.Skelton Electrical) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net