Discuss Good shoe covers - review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For years I have been using the standard, disposable blue overlay shoe covers. They do the job, but they are a right pain.

1. They get ripped easily.
2. Pain to take on and off as you're always going in and out of the house.
3. Even if your organised and have them in the same place in the van they still fall out everywhere.

So.. I splashed out on these..

MukGuard Overshoes Size 7-8 - https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Workwear+%26+Safety/d70/Socks+%26+Overshoes/sd3248/MukGuard+Overshoes/p19744?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhuCBx4i32gIVD5ztCh1Vpwj3EAAYASAAEgIjSvD_BwE

1. I just hang them up in the van so they are easy to grab.
2. They have a handy holding bit on the end which makes putting on/off easy. They just slip on/off.
3. They actually stay on securely when they are on.
4. I know they are expensive, and they may actually cost more than the equivalent of blue shoes you use, but I think that's outweighed by the ease of use.
5. I bought size 11-12 and my shoe size is 10. I find they fit well, perhaps the 9-10 would be ok as well but I don't know.

The only thing I can't comment on so far is longevity/durability. I've had them for a month and they're fine but I'll report back in 6 months or so with an update.

I know it's just an overlay shoe, but I am really happy with them.

I normally use some dust sheets near the door area if it's wet outside and sheets also where I am working. I also usually take my shoes off whilst in the house itself. I would be paranoid that the 'posh' over shoes in your link would still allow some mud to squeeze through onto an expensive cream carpet!! They do look the business tho Happy.

I have been using CleanBoot for years, I think someone sold them on ebay years ago. They are durable and plenty of customers commented on how professional they look. The grippy soles are white so will not stay that for long, I use a hand wipe to clean them. I have to watch what sort of shoe/boot I wear as the rugged shoe can hinder putting on/off. Probably last me approx 1.5/2 years on average....and no I dont sell these.
The CleanBoot Overshoes - http://www.thecleanbootuk.com/

i got loads of them cheap blue ones in the van, that you throw away, didnt buy them, a job i got called to had already had the nice flooring put in, and I had a box thrown at me, so rather than take a pair i took the box...

Personally there is no way on earth that I would remove essential PPE whilst working.

I hear what you are saying, and in certain circumstances I wouldn't. But I think the worst thing that has dropped on my foot to date is an overdunked hobnob!
I am happy to remove shoes if I know the work is not anything heavy duty- say changing a light fitting or replacing a few socket faces..

This thread reminded me of something I saw on FB a while back...
Might look for a UK supplier and give them a spin.
If they're no good I can terrorize the dog by snapping them on her head. :D

Found these too... (Albeit rather expensive at ÂŁ44)...

Last edited:
T
I hear what you are saying, and in certain circumstances I wouldn't. But I think the worst thing that has dropped on my foot to date is an overdunked hobnob!
I am happy to remove shoes if I know the work is not anything heavy duty- say changing a light fitting or replacing a few socket faces..

As the old saying goes "There's always a first time."
Good luck. ;)

Cheers,my friend:)

They look the bllx ...and i have just ordered a pair of the bay,ÂŁ6.

I really cannot remember being this excited,on a Friday night...and i did banger racing for 8 years,and have crashed a microlight ;):):)

Cheers,my friend:)

They look the bllx ...and i have just ordered a pair of the bay,ÂŁ6.

I really cannot remember being this excited,on a Friday night...and i did banger racing for 8 years,and have crashed a microlight ;):):)
Repeat stuttery buffering IT carry-on....

Reply to Good shoe covers - review in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net