Discuss Good Software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DownToEarth

Just had a visit from the NIC man. Good news! Well impressed with the quality of work. Bad news he's not happy with are test certificates. The question whats the best & easiest software for producing good certificates?:confused:

Havent got it myself but I have heard Easycert is pretty good, if you just want decent model forms you can get them @ Forms for electrical contractors - The IET. I am new to the forum but I presume links are ok??
Matt

Hi i have just purchased the NIC certificate software , its really good .
You can just print certs onto blank paper, where as all other packages you have to over print onto a certificate,
The NIC man was probably hinting that you buy their software , they are after all money grabbers.

and its easy to send certs to customers via pdf email.

the money you save per certificate because you dont have to purchase them will eventually pay for the soft ware.
plus support and software updates are only ÂŁ50 per year and thats optional

Eddie

The NIC guy did suggest we by NIC software. As you stated. There after your dosh! He also went on about having to buy certificate numbers.Is that necesary? Currently I just paste in the the job log reference number isuued, by the NIC at ÂŁ1.50 ago when logging part P jobs on the NIC web site.
The question is do you have to by the cert numbers to make it a pucka job?

when you order your cert numbers they appear as a complete cert so it u order 50 numbers u have 50 certs in your cert folder ready to fill in.

when u finish filling cert u lock it and then u can print it, if you try and print without locking it writes draft along top.

you can download 30 day free trial ,, i used free trial 1st

Id go join Elecsa mate. NIC are just after more money out of you. Pizz takers

Can you imagine them doing it to a 65 year old spark who cant use a computer ffs. Whatswrong with hand written certs ffs. You got messy writing lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the Castline system and to be honest every year our subscription comes up I look at changing it. I’ve considered the NIC one but wanted to wait until it had been field tested and got some feed back form those who are using it. If it was me again I wouldn’t consider Castline. It’s not stable programme and has a mind of its own.

H i all I have just downloaded the beta version of pirform and its seem quite good lots of drop downs I especially like the bit where it lets you know if you have made an error, intelligent something or other
the beta version seems to be free, I thought I was downloading a time limited trial version, I will have to wait and see
Mac

Id go join Elecsa mate. NIC are just after more money out of you. Pizz takers

Can you imagine them doing it to a 65 year old spark who cant use a computer ffs. Whatswrong with hand written certs ffs. You got messy writing lol

Def getting the feeling that although money grabbers (all of them) ELECSA are the best of the bunch which might explain why they are growing at the moment.....

You can just print certs onto blank paper, where as all other packages you have to over print onto a certificate,
The NIC man was probably hinting that you buy their software , they are after all money grabbers.

the money you save per certificate because you dont have to purchase them will eventually pay for the soft ware.

Eddie

Wrong easycert from Tysoft allows you to print onto plain paper & I've never had any problems from my NICEIC assessor with regard to the certs.
Electrical Software, Test & Inspection, Electrical Certificates

Originally Posted by eddielarge

Eddie

PIR Form prints onto blank paper too, plus you can add your own logo and that of your scheme provider.........:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong easycert from Tysoft allows you to print onto plain paper & I've never had any problems from my NICEIC assessor with regard to the certs.
Electrical Software, Test & Inspection, Electrical Certificates
NOT CLEVER i maybe didnt write it clearly , i meant to say that it prints NIC certs straight onto paper where as easycert from tysoft over prints as quoted on their site u posted. They print certs onto paper but not NIC certs.

GRAEME HARROLD same goes for your software. As for having your logo on the cert i think the nic logo carries more sway than your own logo. its like useing vista print

But hey if saving ÂŁ175 is more important than a good image u go for it...

Maybe the nic are robbers but their brand is No 1 at the moment. and when that changes so will i.

Well I have the NICEIC logo on my easycert certificates & the domestic certs are printed with block colour as purple same as the NIC certs & when I do commercial I change the cert block colour to red.
The good image as you say is infact .....good......., also have the customer loving ability to send certs as a pdf via email.

So if you are wanting to chuck money away you crack on mate......but so long as the NIC have no quibbles about my certs I'll save the 175 notes thank you ......I bet you also buy the NICEIC logo'd self adhesive cu lables from them dont you...again I save the cash & get personalised ones from Electrical Warning and Safety Labels & again they put on the NICEIC logo.

NOT clever what certificate bundle do u use because i cant see a great deal of difference in the price.
And yes the nic version can send via pdf so whats your point there.
the support package is ÂŁ59 which is dearer but u may have money to burn lol.

so all in all u probably save ÂŁ35 to have a snide NIC cert ,

but hey if your company cant afford the extra then maybe improve your image and get better paying clients

Cheers Eddie. I'll give the NIC free 30 day trial a bash. Then hang up my tester & live off the winnings! (I wish).
Thanks for your help.

The NIC guy did suggest we by NIC software. As you stated. There after your dosh! He also went on about having to buy certificate numbers.Is that necesary? Currently I just paste in the the job log reference number isuued, by the NIC at ÂŁ1.50 ago when logging part P jobs on the NIC web site.
The question is do you have to by the cert numbers to make it a pucka job?

Funny how he tells says great job and then slaps you down on certification that O by the way I can sell you ours its GREAT or in other words he to is becoming a part of the sales culture.

No wonder we are losing faith in the scheme providors I think the words i am looking for is Conflict of Interests

IMO NIC guy shouldnt be making comment on your certs Unless they are something your wife made up as a spread sheet and its hard to follow
as for software Iv had a few different ones BEST by far was one the Testing manager with company had made up using EXCEL spread sheet BUT even then Iv found bits on other software that would improve it All the software people have their own wee quirks at work I use AMTECH but from what I gether this would be prohibitavly expensive for small companies

Reply to Good Software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net