Discuss Got asked to move a socket ..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tricky one that , what sort of test do you put on it once you’ve done the work , sure if you use containment for cpc you are supposed to use high current meter that injects 20/30a to check for good connections (Claire meter) if memory is correct , did a job for Ng Bailey for post office in early 90’s and we used containment as cpc

Tricky one that , what sort of test do you put on it once you’ve done the work , sure if you use containment for cpc you are supposed to use high current meter that injects 20/30a to check for good connections (Claire meter) if memory is correct , did a job for Ng Bailey for post office in early 90’s and we used containment as cpc
Clare B433R - Safety Testing - Seaward - http://www.seaward.co.uk/products/industrial-electrical-safety-testing-measurement-equipment/safety-testing/clare-b433r
Not sure if it was a post office spec on testing , but we defo had to use something similar to above

I’d be certainly be asking for test results of any past tests if any , if not recommend full test just for peace of mind on an installation of that age

UPDATE:

Been back today ............ so I made the opening bigger into the wall:

Ari 2.jpg

And found that all the conduit was doing, was protecting the ring after it comes out of the cavity ....................

And one cable did link the 2 boxes together!

So all's good with the customer , who had agreed T&M for the work............. so I'll be sending an estimate later.

Thanks for the comments "team"

So it was just a short piece of conduit, rather than a full installation of conduit?

Probably not Ant, personally in my experience it's going to be a case of look and ye shall find, or transferring from flush to surface wiring systems, the first thing would be to find out how the RFC is wired, the right way or the wrong way makes a world of difference in any alterations.
Who are you going to vote for Adam?

Loos like they may even be using the conduit as the CPC. Although I can't quite make it out in the photo.

Edit: Just seen the unsleeved CPC twisted together. Although that may not mean that it isn't being used as a CPC somewhere else in the house.
Sorry excuse my ignorance, but what's a cpc?

Reply to Got asked to move a socket ..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net