Discuss got my practical tomorrow 2394, any tips please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lock off, put up a sign and PUT THE KEY IN YOUR POCKET! I failed the 2391 because of this!!! Stupid fault, just under pressure at the time.

If you have already overloaded your brain with reading and rereading then probably a break at this point would be good, get relaxed and calm ready for tomorrow.
You will already know all the information but you need to be able to get it in order in your head, relaxing will help this.
You also need to be alert tomorrow so have a good not too heavy breakfast tomorrow and keep a water bottle with you. Dehydration reduces your capability rapidly.

Initial verification is just that, this is the first test of a new circuit to see if it complies. Simple!

IR faults can be caused by incorrect connections (0.00MΩ), loads present in the circuit (0.00MΩ L-N), neons in switches (~0.1-0.5MΩ L-N), faulty insulation breaking down (any value of MΩ). Greater than 2MΩ is OK.

Not sure if you still do incorrect wiring faults but look for things like polarity, crossed connections and bending radius exceeded.

Good luck, do well.

Relax and think things through as you have been taught. Slowly and in sequence.
Don't succumb to nerves or paranoia. You have been through it all many times before, and the invigilator is not there to actively fail you, just to make sure you are safe and correct in your work.

This time tomorrow you will be thinking, "Oh right, was that it ?"

Yeah,don't over think things,the basics remain the same...so use and apply them.

My 2391 invigilator,had the C&G assessor,watching him,watching me...i dislike scrutiny,on a good day,but it pressed me harder than me first borns' tricky birth :rolleyes4:

Having been the instructor and assessor,myself,you get to realise,that nobody is in it to trap or catch-out folk. Most of these individuals have come through the job,and will generally "will",the assessed ,to succeed.

Stay calm,work methodically...and move on to your next goal.

Good luck,and if you feel like it,let us know how you fare :smartass:

How did it go then.. and did you bring the Tutor/Exam assessor a banana.. (apples are so over rated) come to think of it go for a full water mellon .. DIFFERENT!

How do you feel it went,as it will take a few months to get the results back, wont it..

Nice one fella,another hurdle crossed,get the next one in sight,remembering that we never stop learning,and you are never too old to learn :yesnod:

Reply to got my practical tomorrow 2394, any tips please in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net