Discuss Got this off eBay........................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nice find that pal, loving the amp ratings on the last pic.

That was probably @telectrix pocket guide as an apprentice, I'm surprised he's parted with it.

That's fascinating, I'd love to replicate an install from that period with all the old accessories, those old switches must have been fiddly though with the little holes for the cables in the wooden pattress having to line up exactly with the switch terminals.

That's fascinating, I'd love to replicate an install from that period with all the old accessories, those old switches must have been fiddly though with the little holes for the cables in the wooden pattress having to line up exactly with the switch terminals.
Join me at my Aunts house, had do do a repair to an old brass toggle switch that hidden a wooden pattress with the switch screwed to the back of it.

Join me at my Aunts house, had do do a repair to an old brass toggle switch that hidden a wooden pattress with the switch screwed to the back of it.

Standard arrangement and often there's a hollowed out bit at the rear of the pattress with other connections in porcelain 'screwit' connectors. I must have ripped out and thrown away hundreds of those lovely old switches and pattresses.

You're now going to have to go all the way now, now that you've lost your old electrical book virginity ...

Stubbs Electrical Encyclopedia Volumes 1 to 4 is the only thing that will satiate your electrical reading desires now.
Had a look on eBay...bought them for £17 Free postage! Gonna have some good reading material for when all this snow comes our way.......according to The Sun!

Seen this on eBay for a few quid! Had to buy it! Quite interesting in parts.
On the lighting diagram, notice the main supply and final circuit neutrals are fused. I think the book is from 1947
Nice book! I have a load of those candle lamps for some reason, they look just like real candles, if real candles gave off light along their entire length...

That Clix reversible adaptor looks rather fun/dangerous.

They're great! ... still have half a dozen in my own house...my favourite,is the one which switches the light fitting cluster,at one end of the lounge....you switch it off,and it takes a second or two,to break,and turn it off:)

Reply to Got this off eBay........................... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net