Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Got to meet my first forum member yesterday. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

As the title says, I got to meet my first forum member yesterday.
    I had a problem with my upstairs lighting circuit that was tripping the breaker. I have no test equipment and didn't want to keep tripping the breaker by dismantling things and seeing if it pops again.
    So I asked @telectrix@telectrix if he could help me out. He got to the route of the problem. Of course it was the last cable in the circuit. Thanks so much @telectrix@telectrix, it was a real pleasure meeting you.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. GMES

GMES Hairy and proud Staff Member Admin

That's why I love this place, there is always someone to help you out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

Well I don't know any local guys who do domestic and with test equipment. Know a couple that have retired and got rid of their kit.
    I would have put it up on the job forum site but last time I told a mate to do that he hardly got any response. He ended up going with a neighbours recommendation.
    I also wanted someone I can trust. I trust @telectrix@telectrix .

• Like Like x 1
  4. MDJ

MDJ The Muppet Police Forum Mentor

Yep I agree GMES, and well done Tel, not bad for an old en, the old ens are the best, 60 years of knowlege in Tel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Have you recovered from meeting Tel though or are you still sat on a chair hyperventilating....... ;o))))

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. MDJ

We are waiting to see Tel on here, we want to know what state your Electrical Installation is in chuckle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

did you both hug each other ,like best mates.[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

the burning question . who taught who .LOL .:)

9. darkwood

darkwood Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

@Spoon@Spoon

What are the odds, thousands of forum members and you pluck out Tel', never mind, better luck next time :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  10. SWD

He had the Tallow..........

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    right. don't think spoon will dislike me posting what was wrong. upstairs light circuit tripping MCB violently. Meter showed a reading of 1.2 ohms, L-E. splitting the circuit down revealed that the fault was after 3 bedrooms , leaving just the bathroom, which appeared to be last on the circuit. in attic, found JB close to bathroom light, 4 cables..feed, switch, load and 1 other -perm L-N-E. this last cable had the fault we could not see where it went due to attic being boarded. thought it may have bee a feed to a long since removed fan. leaving this out restored all lights ( we thought). landing light was on downstairs circuit and since I left, spoon reported that the landing light was not working. after some thought and spoon looking in the rose of the landing light, he found that the N feed was T/E with just the black used, L& E cut off. however, turns out that this was the unknown cable with the fault. for some reason the L was connected in the JB as well as the N and E, though the L feed to the landing light came from the downstairs, linked in the 2 gang hall/landing switches, as was often done back in the day. due to the distance (48 miles) left spoon to reconnect just the N in the JB. hope that all makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. SWD

In English please........ or is it painful to sit down and to type.

13. MDJ

Don't pick on him, he is Disabled and an OAP.

14. SWD

He will be if there where any metal fillings in the Tallow........

15. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i have metal fillings in my teeth. never seen fillings in tallow.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1