Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Grab Your New 17 Plate Van Now with Vansdirect! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Tim.

Tim. Sponsor

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    with all due respest. i'd never consider a new van. experience has taught me that they are designed solely to make money for main dealers, due to the electrinics.

case 1. a renault trafic, 2,5, years old. stopped dead, engine management light on. took main dealers 3 months to get it going. lasted another 3 months, then died again. same fault. sensors that had just been replaced replaced again. 6 weeks later. dead. bloody rubbish.

case 2. a ford cmax, 3 years old 35,000 miles. went into limp mode. showed transmission fault. started by RAC. no faults found by dealer. 3 weeks later, car locked and parked over night. come morning, all 4 windows opened 3/4 way down. and that's not allowing for no spare wheel, no jack, and a stupid foam aerosol that's useless to repair a damaged tyre' even if it hadn't gone out of date.

3. Hellmooth

Hellmooth Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CM Electrical
    Am I missing the link to buying a new van in your case studies lol?

4. dansk

dansk Electrician's Arms

crumbs! i wouldn't have it any other way, all our vans are less than 2 year old, dont put a foot wrong, 20k service intervals, cheap tax, good on fuel, comfortable, safe, no mot, and if it does go wrong its into the dealers under warranty. - it doesn't make sense to run an old van.

• Like Like x 1
  5. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    it doesn't make sense to run an old van.

it does for me. mine's 13 years old. not had any faults in the 2 years i've had it. MOTs are just an hour formality while i have a bacon bap and a coffee. and bought without finance, depreciation zero.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dansk

dansk Electrician's Arms

Horses for course's I guess. I'm glad it works for you, for me I wouldn't fancy 30k a year in a 13 year old van.

7. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    well, you saw what top gear did to that toyota, and it still would not die.