Discuss GRASSLIN ANOLOGUE TIMER TALENTO111 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

scarsegit

Good day all, a newbie I am and happy to be with the forum, as I feel sure I will find the answer to my problem.

So, coming from the rooftop solar heating panel, there are only two wires that came into my DB board, a black and a red, neutral and live I am assuming.
From either or both of these wires there is a timer switch, which I am told does not work and, a financial arm and leg is needed to replace it.
So again, my recent life's folly number two, a small splash pool is now emptied and about to be filled in, hence I am now left with a working GRASSLIN "anologue talento111 timer clock/switch", which I want to use for my solar heating, ie, weather permitting set it to run at a given time on any day.
In the worst sense of my forum name, ie, Scarsegit, for the hell of me I do not know how to wire this switch in to my db board, so please, can anyone help my here, a pan of scouse could maybe be a reward.
Sorry about this epistle long story but hopefully a answer to my problem will arrive.
Cheers
Scarsegit
Things ironic, I have fully rewired three houses with many power outlets and not just one for each room, all three rewiring jobs were tested and passed by the local municipality engineering department, but this ............switch beat me.

Is there no instructions with this ?please could you post them and a photo of inside of time clock we would be able to help more. This is suppose to be a electrical forum not a technical helpline for members to have no info look up the product on the web to instruct you the correct way to connect it up.

Is there no instructions with this ?please could you post them and a photo of inside of time clock we would be able to help more. This is suppose to be a electrical forum not a technical helpline for members to have no info look up the product on the web to instruct you the correct way to connect it up.

Good day to the forum,
As a admitted newbie, I am drawn to two questions,
A) Is your comment a typical example of your replies to posts from newbies in particular.
B) Have you assumed that I have not searched the web for a answer to my
specific problem, ie, the Grasslin Talento111 timer switch. rest assured I have spent much time searching, the closest being the talento Din Rail mounted mini timer switch, and of course the similar Hager timer switch, neither of which explains the five connection terminals, eg, two under " M " or the three under " CHI ", How do you think I came across Electricians Forum's, it was by accident in another forum, So please do not make such assumptions. I asked my friends son how he managed to graduate with honours as a mechanical engineer, guess how, Google was his reply. from which he still draws on in pursuit of a Masters Degree, but I digress
For the record, I am of the old time five year apprenticeship, you know, one day a week tech college and two 2hr night time classes as a shipwright and just missing out on City in Guilds, for financial reasons, finishing my working life managing a labour force of 35-45 artisans. All of which it is fair for others to assume I have some ability to focus on and discern possible solutions, ie, my mentioned competently rewiring three houses, but then that was just a case of a Electricians sophisticated dayly pulling wires type work.

So please, if you know of a link that I can go to, please let me know.

Good day to the forum,
As a admitted newbie, I am drawn to two questions,
A) Is your comment a typical example of your replies to posts from newbies in particular.
B) Have you assumed that I have not searched the web for a answer to my
specific problem, ie, the Grasslin Talento111 timer switch. rest assured I have spent much time searching, the closest being the talento Din Rail mounted mini timer switch, and of course the similar Hager timer switch, neither of which explains the five connection terminals, eg, two under " M " or the three under " CHI ", How do you think I came across Electricians Forum's, it was by accident in another forum, So please do not make such assumptions. I asked my friends son how he managed to graduate with honours as a mechanical engineer, guess how, Google was his reply. from which he still draws on in pursuit of a Masters Degree, but I digress
For the record, I am of the old time five year apprenticeship, you know, one day a week tech college and two 2hr night time classes as a shipwright and just missing out on City in Guilds, for financial reasons, finishing my working life managing a labour force of 35-45 artisans. All of which it is fair for others to assume I have some ability to focus on and discern possible solutions, ie, my mentioned competently rewiring three houses, but then that was just a case of a Electricians sophisticated dayly pulling wires type work.

So please, if you know of a link that I can go to, please let me know.
if my post was a bit harsh but it seem a lot of people post on here ''how do I wire this'' and it seems as if the forum in some cases is being used this way instead if a forum now admittedly you have added some more info so people on the forum can maybe help as I posted a photo or line drawing would help

"M" I would suspect are the motor connections. The CHI has got me though are the terminals not numbered. A pic of the terminals would be helpful.

Last edited:
DITTO !
we need more information, can you post a picture of the timer and it's connections ?
it would speed things up a lot ?
As for the solar heating panel, again I need more info,
does it heat water,
is there a tank up there too !
otherwise I don,t know why a solar heating panel needs wires
is it a photo-voltacic panel ?
Please elaborate ?

That sheet contains details for both flavours of the 111 (mini which only has a NO contact and standard which has NC/NO contacts) so I figured it was worth a punt :)

Reply to GRASSLIN ANOLOGUE TIMER TALENTO111 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net