Discuss Green Book V Red Book in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

merlinradioltd

Perhaps a silly question...was a previous 16th Ed. holder, sat and passed 17th last June, Red book blah blah. 40 years in the trade etc.

Now it is Green book/amendment 1 and all that jazz....Surely don't need to resit another exam....surely?:confused5:

Even IF you don't need to "update/sit another exam/cough up some dough....do you need to buy this extrordinarly overpriced book?

No, you don't need to sit an update exam.

Yes, if you are working self employed, member of a scheme etc. you do need to buy the complete amd 1 Regs book, as there were too many additions and updates and some re-numbering to offer the ammendments via a download or supplement.

Last edited:
Thanks, appreciated....just another "racket" if you ask me....surely this stuff could be on a disc nowadays for tuppence halfpenny......these prices are extortionate.....Imagine the cost of a red book AND a green book in less than a year...outrageous!!

I don't know, the book is not that bad a price compared to some British standards, and the last one was published at the back end of 2007, so about a 4 year gap.

It is the updated GN's that cost about £200 for the full set, plus the OSG, it all adds up, but if you are making money out of them, I suppose it is a neccessary expence

Reply to Green Book V Red Book in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net