Discuss Green Deal Training???????????????????????????????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SRE

Green Deal Advisor Training

Asset Skills is working with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to train 'go early' Green Deal Advisors to help gear up for the launch of the Green Deal in the autumn.
To become one of the first Green Deal Advisors (domestic and non-domestic), energy assessors or home inspectors will need to train for a new qualification, available in July.
Asset Skills want to hear from qualified energy assessors and home inspectors in England, Wales and Scotland who would like to train for the role.
Training will start in July and take between three and five months. Delivery models will vary and some will include distance learning. Funding is available but a contribution from the learner will also be required.*
If you are interested in training as a Green Deal Advisor please register your interest on the Asset skills website or email [email protected]
Asset Skills will need confirmation that you are an energy assessor or home inspector, as well as your contact and location details.
*Full cost not yet known but will be confirmed after learning providers are appointed.
Background
Asset Skills has received £1 million to ensure that there are at least 1,000 qualified Green Deal Advisors gearing up ready for the launch of Green Deal.
This is part of a £3.5 million fund secured to raise awareness of the training needed to be sure advisors and installers are fully accredited to secure work under the new Green Deal.

In short you agree to train for something that hasn't been agreed, at an unknown cost and which will take you longer to complete than the deadline for kicking off the project, but the companies providing the unknown training have been given £3.5 million so the gov't don't look as though they aren't prepared. I think DEA's will be very wary about HIP V 2!!

You're braver than me then - how do you know what you're booked in for when the training hasn't been agreed and the training providers haven't been appointed yet? The bit I missed off the email I got asked interested training providers to register their interest because it hadn't been sorted yet. The email says that training begins in July ....

The email I got is from a really reliable source not a training provider, I'm not saying it's gospel but he's usually pretty accurate.

I am one of 12 to do first GDA course on 21st June . I have trained with this provider twice this year DEA & DEA update.

Paid & got receipt they did state full content is not known as yet. either way Its a gamble but to me if the gov a changed EPC to accomm green deal then its going to happen.

I plan it to become the First GDA in uk !!!!! So as soon as course is done I will be hitting those 5 EPC's for GDA quick time.

Yup, good luck. We've decided to give Green Deal a wide berth for now. Getting involved with anything the government is involved with is not good for my health and upsets my wife due to my elevated swearing levels.

Good luck with it, fella. It'll be interesting to see how you get on.

I'm with Julian - anything that the government can mess with is off that table for us from now on.

The ones that I can see that are going to push the Green deal are the double glazing firms, I can see it now, well Mr Jones I can now offer you your windows for free, but I have to have your signature tonight, so if you could press hard as there are 3 copies.

just seen on TV, the sex industry is a growth industry!!
I'll get my coat (the dirty one)!:smile::smile:

Well look at it this the gov do not currently support solar pv !

So why not put some of my eggs in a basket that they are trying to promote !

Its a gamble I know if it pays off then I will be two steps ahead of you guys !!! if it fails you can all take the P**S out of me !!!

Well look at it this the gov do not currently support solar pv !

So why not put some of my eggs in a basket that they are trying to promote !

Its a gamble I know if it pays off then I will be two steps ahead of you guys !!! if it fails you can all take the P**S out of me !!!

The Government supported PV once

Reply to Green Deal Training???????????????????????????????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock