Discuss Green nic condition reports in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

n180

-
Reaction score
Just wondering who exactly can fill in these niceic EICR forms?

NICEIC - Elecsa - ECA | Domest - https://www.shop.niceic.com/5590-Domestic-Electrical-Installation-Condition-Report-DPM4

on the niceic website it says they're for any contractor even those not registered.

Is it the case that anyone who is "competent" can fill in an EICR without being registered with a scheme? So someone with say the correct inspection and testing quals and relevant years of experience can fill in these forms without being registered with a scheme? and no one needs to be notified? So if a landlord wanted a cert, anyone "competent" can fill in these forms for the landlord?

If that is the case then why get these green forms at all why not just use print outs of the standard black and white EICR forms found in the regs books?

Thanks in advance.

Because the NICEIC want your money.
Don’t need Inspection and Testing qualifications to conduct Inspections.
Part P doesn’t cover Inspection and Testing so registering with a scheme would be a bit pointless.
The NICEIC do other colours for their members and the different types of memberships.

Last edited by a moderator:
When doing an EICR, when you "flag up" an issue you really should back it up with the relevant Reg number .......... using paper certificates means

You will either need a very good memory or spending extra time looking them up

Or use certificate software

How does the software know which Regulation applies?
Is there a drop down menu for different defects, or does it read what you type and then find the appropriate Regulation?

Is there a drop down menu for different defects, or does it read what you type and then find the appropriate Regulation?

I use easycert and each inspection check box is associated with the suggested reg or regs on the EICR model form. A code entered in that box will generate an entry in the observations section with a generic description. This can then be edited and notes added.

I use Shineforms and yes, each time you complete a "response" which isn't compliant it provides me with a standard response (which will appear on the table of observations ) plus a free text field which allow me to add "more specific text"

So as an example I did an EICR a few weeks back and the cooker isolator was badly damaged .......... so the software flagged the regs number 621.2.(iii) and I entered the information that stated it was the cooker isolator

Hope that makes sense

So if you were to type in “No RCD”, it wouldn’t bring up a menu with all the RCD Regulations?
Think the last software I used was an online form by Select.
Just allowed you to fill in the form, then print it off.
I did try the IET’s fillable PDF, but that was rubbish.

So if you were to type in “No RCD”, it wouldn’t bring up a menu with all the RCD Regulations?
Think the last software I used was an online form by Select.
I did try the IET’s fillable PDF, but that was rubbish.

Nah it's nowhere near as complex or intelligent as that.
Mine simply generates a generic description as a response to an entry in a check box.

No

With Shineforms you would need to select each inspection item that should have RCD protection ............ this can often end up with a long list of noted effectively covering the same "issue" - the software has the facility to suppress observations

It does make producing EICR's easier ........ and as my hand writing if poor the fact its all computer produced easier for me and the client to read.......

I use easycert and each inspection check box is associated with the suggested reg or regs on the EICR model form. A code entered in that box will generate an entry in the observations section with a generic description. This can then be edited and notes added.

Here is an example of the observations page from the a recent EICR

Attachments

• EICR Example Observations Page.pdf
    73.7 KB · Views: 47
BS7671:2008+A3:2015 Model Forms - https://electrical.------.org/bs-7671/model-forms/

Thanks for them. So anyone competent can literally fill in one of these black and white EICRs and it's all good? No scheme needed, no notification of any sort to anybody on an EICR? They're fine for landlords?

The reason I'm asking is because I am in the process of signing up with stroma, but it'll be about a month before they send someone out for an assessment. But a landlord has asked me to do a cert for him this week, so until I am with stroma, can I still fill in one of those EICRs, is it all still legal and acceptable?

Thanks for them. So anyone competent can literally fill in one of these black and white EICRs and it's all good? No scheme needed, no notification of any sort to anybody on an EICR? They're fine for landlords?

The reason I'm asking is because I am in the process of signing up with stroma, but it'll be about a month before they send someone out for an assessment. But a landlord has asked me to do a cert for him this week, so until I am with stroma, can I still fill in one of those EICRs, is it all still legal and acceptable?
yes.there is no requirement for you to be in a scam to carry out EICRs unless the person ordering the report specifies niceic or other. ( like councils).and even then, it's not a legal requirement.

Reply to Green nic condition reports in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock