Discuss greenhouse climate controller voltage help in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi, I am looking to buy a greenhouse controller from the usa as I run a small commercial plant nursery. unfortunately a good unit is hard to source in the uk.

my question, can I use this from a regular uk power supply?
link to the product and specs
CHHC-4i Total Environmental Controller :: Products :: Global Product Solutions - https://growgps.com/products/chhc4i/
input power 120v-240v
50-60 Hz
receptacle rating :15A @ 120V (USA / Canada) Country Specific @ 240V Single Phase

any advice would be appreciated before I pay for it + shipping.
thank you

from the spec. it looks OK for use on our electricak network.it may have a selector switch to select 120V or 240V.

what's under that flap that says "open" on it?

I would guess from the way it says usa/Canada then country specific 240V that they manufacture seperate units fir their domestic market and for export.
This would also make sense with the fact that they would have to fit different socket outlets for different countries and that they have to be approved to different standards for different countries.

I've tried to contact the company but they don't respond to the online form contact thing. Thank you for the replies. I think I read a review of a UK man using the old version of this unit and it was the regular "120v unit '' I don't think he ordered a specific model.

yes ive seen those around.. im not sure if they are as good as the sentinel ones, and I think the dimlux are mainly for controlling lights primarily.. but thanks for the link..
its mainly the co2 and humidity control and the cable can be extended up to about 30meters from the probe when most have a 5meter long cable. in general the ones available here just don't have the same rep, it seems..

ok I guess worst comes to worst I could do that.. ive never really bought one before. is there any you would recommend?
thanks again..
you'd need a 3.3kVA one. available through most electrical wholesalers, but they are generally foruse withtools, somaynot be man enough for continuous use.might keep tripping out.

Interesting piece of kit, it looks as though they are manufactured for 120 or 240V, so the US version would need a transformer. The outputs seem to be switched from the input voltage so the loads (lighting, heat etc) also would need to run off 120V so the supply transformer would have to be sized to cope. 240V loads could be used using relays or with additional transformers but it could all get a bit clunky.

The US version is unlikely to be legal in Europe, it would need a CE label and I can't see one in the pictures. It's your call whether that matters to you but you should know about it to make an informed choice.

ok thank you for the advice..

I do know of a person who used the previous version of the unit and ran it from a uk power source with no issues. and it says the same thing in the specs, 120v -240v . and I don't know why they would say its usable on a power supply of 240v if its not safe.
but im always very safety conscious so don't like taking risks with things.

as for legality, I suppose its just because we have euro standards that cover our safety, the usa has their own system I would think.

The supply range isn't clear, it says 120V on the label but it might work fine on 240V. I'd want to know what was inside the box before relying on it.

The standards are worth bearing in mind because if you buy one direct from the US you have personal liability for CE compliance, as the importer. Unlikely to be an issue but it's worth knowing where you stand.

The supply range isn't clear, it says 120V on the label but it might work fine on 240V. I'd want to know what was inside the box before relying on it.

The standards are worth bearing in mind because if you buy one direct from the US you have personal liability for CE compliance, as the importer. Unlikely to be an issue but it's worth knowing where you stand.
nice to see some common sense posting from a new member. makes a change from the usual " how do i wire my shed". ;););).

hi, I am looking to buy a greenhouse controller from the usa as I run a small commercial plant nursery. unfortunately a good unit is hard to source in the uk.

my question, can I use this from a regular uk power supply?
link to the product and specs
CHHC-4i Total Environmental Controller :: Products :: Global Product Solutions - https://growgps.com/products/chhc4i/
input power 120v-240v
50-60 Hz
receptacle rating :15A @ 120V (USA / Canada) Country Specific @ 240V Single Phase

any advice would be appreciated before I pay for it + shipping.
thank you
Hi Have you looked at Tomtech Horticultural Control Systems : TomTech - http://www.tomtech.co.uk very easy to use and install we have two of the T200

Reply to greenhouse climate controller voltage help in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock