Discuss Ground GU10 uplighters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gazthesparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have a job where my customer wants 3x gu10 uplighters installed

One either side of the garage door on the brick pillars and one 5 meters away on the corner of the house.

I’ve ordered some arura fittings which come with stuffing glands in the base.

No room to take SWA straight in so looking for ideas and suggestions on how people have achied it.

I don’t want to put a plastic adaptable box on the wall and drop down in flex as the adaptable box will spoil the look. The pillars are only 2 bricks wide

My idea is to put the adaptable boxes in the garage either side of the door and then drill down at an angle and use black rubber flex into the fittings.

The one on the corner of the house is a bit trickier as it will have SWA feeding it.

I’m planning on taking the swa from the nearest adaptable box in the garage and out to the fitting.

But then I need to terminate the SWA and change to flex near to the fitting.

All I can think of is using a submarine resin joint and put a short length of flex on the end of the SWA.

Any other ideas or suggestions any tips would be most appreciated

Changing to flex in a box in the garage sounds the neatest idea.

why cant you run flex from the adaptable box to the lights from within the garage?

The 2 either side of the garage door will of course have adaptable boxes inside the garage and a flex fun out to the light.

It’s the 3rd one that is on the corner of the house. I have to run swa from the garage for about 7 meters to that light. I will gland it off inside the garage In the adaptable box then run it though the garage wall under the ground to the corner of the house. I then need to change from SWA to flex to go inside the fitting.

So mainly that is the sticking point as I don’t want to put an adaptable box on the wall in front of the light or don’t particularly want to bury an adaptable box

Reply to Ground GU10 uplighters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net