Discuss GU10 LED LAMPS IN DOWNLIGHTS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Toneyz

Has anyone installed GU10 LED lamps in replacement for halogen GU10 lamps in fire ratted downlights did installing them cause the GU10 LED's to fail sooner than should of done.

non dimmed ,the wiring is irrelevant just wondered in putting GU10 LED in these can type downlight (by the way they are the ones that can be covered with insulation but are not covered in this case as on ground floor) anyone experienced them failing.

I said on another thread about some I have done before, all of them were fire rated MR16 before simply replaced the MR16 flylead with GU10 flyleads. I found a good cheap source of GU10 flyleads that were longer than most you can get from suppliers. As they are secured on the top with a clamp the standard fly leads are too short and you can't reach inside to put the bulbs in.

Not had one failure yet but these were Megaman bulbs so pretty expensive. Having said that I have put in hundreds of screwfix GU10 without a single failure yet as well.

I must have put 1000+ led gu10 lamps in fire rated downlights, only had an issue with cheap lamps not the fitting.
Thanks for reply take it was the lamp itself not the fact them being in the downlight.

Yes it was the cheap lamps the client had bought NOT THE FITTINGS. You can sleep safely at night now!
Thanks all good to get feedback from fellow members, good to know that from members experience the putting these retro fit lamps in a downlight has no affect just the quality of the lamp.

When I do MR16 to GU10 "conversions" I always supply the parts / lamps I am happy with.... rather than stuff the client wants..

Reply to GU10 LED LAMPS IN DOWNLIGHTS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock