Discuss GU10 replacement LED units?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tonycoysh

Just after some thoughts really: I want to replace the halogen GU10's in our kitchen downlighters with some LED lamps, I've been waiting for the halogen lamps to start popping and the 1st one popped tonight) I was after some thoughts and opinions from guys using them all the time as to what is the best brand / type.

Thanks

I've used quite a lot of kosnic 5W warm whites, they seem to be an ideal replacement.
I have had one problem though, where two way or intermediate switching with long cable runs is in place the LED lamps have flashed before (as people sometimes get when using low energy CFLs in landing lights where the lighting circuit has no earth). I was advised by my wholesaler to use a danlers 'resload' unit to overcome this problem, which did the job.

TP24 sell a nice 2.5w or 3w GU10 replacement. We get ours from Neweys (norwich). They cost around the £6.00 mark so If you are selling them at £10.00 per unit the customer makes his money back against a 50W one after 1600 hrs. They have 2 year exchange warranty and give a fairly nice (not too blue rendering colour of warmish white). We stick them in utilitys and walkways / corridors / halls, etc
They are also selling for this month General electric 5W Led GU10's on offer at £9.99 at moment

Reply to GU10 replacement LED units?? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Done a job yesterday, remove old 12v halogens and replace with mains, gu10 downlights. Fitted some LED gu10's no issues. Got a call today saying...
Replies
Views
Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in the same room? I have a row of existing lamps 600mm apart in a straight line & I...
Replies
Views
Hi I wanted some advice regarding which downlights company is better from ancell or forum? I have builders doing works in my house but I wanted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a very long time I did a swanky grand designs type new build in the middle of nowhere, so in the middle of nowhere that it's a house with...
Replies
Views
Hello gents I'm just after some clarification, I have a kitchen light fitting that uses a 2D 28W compact fluoresent lamp that I'd like to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock