Discuss GU10 Spike Light recommendation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think your better with LED so that it’s a sealed unit and doesn’t need a removable lid to access lamp which could be the weak point.

I fitted a load of ansell mirage lights last summer nice quality fitting.

Prior to that I installed Knightsbridge which lasted less than a month.

I agree on the Knightsbridge ones, customer supplied them and have had no end or trouble, Knightsbridge even came out to see them, gave me new seals and lids and they still leak.
Cheers, I'll check out the Ansell ones.

I've fitted loads of Knightsbridge (or otherwise branded) spike lights and didn't seem to have a problem with them.
I used to rub a bit of silicone grease around the seal before putting them together.
If you decide to use pond lights make sure they aren't the kind that rely on the fitting being underwater to keep them cool.

Reply to GU10 Spike Light recommendation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All Living room will have 12 GU10s. Can anyone recommend any dimmable bulbs that won't flicker and be around 400 lumens each? I've got 4 in...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Can anyone recommend a reliable brand for emergency lighting bulkheads please? I have a job coming up to replace 30 odd units. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Wondering what you good people would recommend to replace/upgrade this flush mounted CCU. Cheers
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Get Bank Holiday Ready with our lighting deals! For this week only, we are offering unmissable deals on garden lighting, as...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock