Discuss Guess the fault(s)... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can kinda see the thinking, it's much easier to connect a phase to the body of the fitting than that damn pesky CPC. ;)

It's a special security light,the whole thing becomes live when a nearby PIR is activated to deter bulb theft. [I'd put a bit of red sleeving on the yellow though and possibly black on the blue as it's 'old' colours] :tongue3:

The fixing looks level everything else looks faulty. Instalations like this usually have there own personal tncs conection in an adjacent light switch.

You sure? Don't look quite level to me.
drunk camera?

anyway, it's perfectly obvious. fitting has been removed to make the pointing behind match up to the rest of the bodge. oh, and sleeve that yellow with some earth sleeving. there's a bit spare on the stripping wire.

Ha ha.

The homeowner wasn't in so I just did some basic checking:

so apart from the obvious line and neutral reverse, the line was permanent live, and the yellow was the switched live, causing the rusty parts of the case to become live when on, so my guess is some muppet took off a security light with a manual override!

So if it had had a lamp bulb fitted it would have been on all the time, and when the switch was on, the case was live ! I guess it was still security fitting!

Reply to Guess the fault(s)... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The big stately home I’ve been working in has an EMS 5096 alarm system with over 100 detectors and 3 (that I know of) panels. All detectors are...
Replies
Views
A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views
Today I was doing an EICR and went around a couple sockets with a Megger MST220 socket tester just to see if there was anything obvious, all three...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all I don't appear to be able to post in the DIY forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. I live in a block of flats with an external...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock