Discuss Hager Cu Number ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Soulsurfer

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey all has anyone got a code / part number for Hager Design 30 CU 14 way or close to ?

I have VML 114 but that's for the Design 10 & can't find any Design 30 boards online for pricing etc... With the clamp for tails etc...

Tried some Schneider easy 9's but they're a weird layout like loads of space above but none if coming in from bottom !

Thanks...

Cheers guys that's spot on, can probably order from local wholesalers, just couldn't find elsewhere. Think it's much better than a Design 10 is it not ? Feature wise, but they did say before you can order clamps for tails at incomer so thank you both

Hi - they do look really good. Am I right that the 100mA td RCBO is £140+vat all by itself? (Yikes). I've not had to use one yet, but I'm thinking it will cause a sharp intake of breath with Customer?

Hi - they do look really good. Am I right that the 100mA td RCBO is £140+vat all by itself? (Yikes). I've not had to use one yet, but I'm thinking it will cause a sharp intake of breath with Customer?

Do you mean the 100A 100mA DP RCCB S type time delay ? They are pricey indeed but not that pricey. Try local stockists for best prices. I know I didn't pay anywhere near that when I bought one last.
There are cheaper alternatives should you want a cheaper brand and to house the RCD in a separate enclosure rather than use it as the incoming device.

Hi Andy and T, I was thinking about an upcoming CU change in TT land, my first in an all metal world. So, which CU to use and which design and so what the quote would be. If I do it as the common twin RCD I will need to upgrade the main switch for isolation from the "included in the box" usual suspect to a 100A DP 100mA S type RCCD. If they are Expensive, it will make the "full RCBO" cost equation look better as that config doesn't need the S upgrade and you get the improved reliability. Am I on the right track? (For a TT CU just do it as all RCBO?) Your thoughts much appreciated. Cheers, David.

Don't we have to be able to isolate all of the live conductors in a TT because because neutral could well be at a higher potential than earth (as the earth and neutral are not tied together)?

That means a double pole isolator is needed.

Thought there is a reg on this, somewhere.

Don't we have to be able to isolate all of the live conductors in a TT because because neutral could well be at a higher potential than earth (as the earth and neutral are not tied together)?

That means a double pole isolator is needed.

Thought there is a reg on this, somewhere.
They are single pole switched neutral so in the event of the RCBO being operated it disconnects the live conductors (both line and neutral). The difference between single pole switched neutral and double pole being a double pole RCBO would have overcurrent protection in both poles.

Reply to Hager Cu Number ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net