Discuss Hager RCBO compatibility in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

NDG Elecs

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Lads n Lasses.

Just been to look at a job, just small stuff. One thing was that they wanted a new shower putting in. I was going to check the busbar depth (from front/back of OCPD) on the CU but got sidetracked by bad jokes chit chat with the owner! So never checked the CU thoroughly.

I was hoping to put in a RCBO for the board in the picture. Does anyone know if current Hager RCBOs fit? Or other brands perhaps. Type testing type testing 1 2 3......!

Thank you!

NeilIMG_20170629_194435.jpg

Thanks for the replies ones and all. Murdochs post is definitely the fly in the ointment! But a picture tells a thousand words, and the height aspect never actually crossed my mind. The busbar may have nice long prongs on it. I have a spare Hager RCBO in the van I think, so I will see if I can pop back to assess. And obviously post the results up on here.

Thanks again. Neil

Cheers Murdoch. I am not doubting you at all. I was thinking partly along the lines of what may be compatible, and have some other brands of RCBOs, and obviously various MCBs which may point to something similar in size etc. Thanks again.

You'll find that Hager are mostly compatible with other makes the consumer unit albeit glazed door colour looks the same as mine the top two mcb's in Murdoch's photo look from a board much older.

Hi, just a quick update on this post, and as a future reference point.

I took a Hager and a Wylex RCBO to this job. Took everything apart and at first I thought the Wylex was a better fit. But upon tightening the cage clamp on the OCPD that I took off I found the Hager was a perfect fit. There was no deviation in the bus bar whatsoever. The bottom of the RCBO is perfectly in line with the main switch. Piccys:IMG_20170725_110830.jpg

IMG_20170725_110757.jpg

IMG_20170725_110713.jpg

Agree with Anthony, fitted 2 x Hager ADN RCBO's in similar Hager CU, after being advised able to do so by Hager. There's nothing for the din rail clip to fasten to, or is accessible, although connection to the busbar provides a secure fit . There is also limited room to terminate the cables. Other than that its a breeze :)

Thankfully the top section of the board was not too cluttered, otherwise it could have been a pain. As you say, the busbar screws along with the other breakers all connected give it a nice secure feel and fit. 30 minute job with all the testing done.

Reply to Hager RCBO compatibility in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net