Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Hager RCBO compatibility in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. NDG Elecs

NDG Elecs Electrician's Arms

Hi Lads n Lasses.

Just been to look at a job, just small stuff. One thing was that they wanted a new shower putting in. I was going to check the busbar depth (from front/back of OCPD) on the CU but got sidetracked by bad jokes chit chat with the owner! So never checked the CU thoroughly.

I was hoping to put in a RCBO for the board in the picture. Does anyone know if current Hager RCBOs fit? Or other brands perhaps. Type testing type testing 1 2 3......!

Thank you!

Neil IMG_20170629_194435.jpg

2. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Electrician's Arms

They should do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    hager are pretty good in keeping new kit compatible with older CUs.. should fit OK.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Hager MCB's 1.jpg

They will NOT fit..... speaking from experience....

5. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Got a consumer unit like that contains majority of MT mcb'c fitted to it MTN range and a A D range RCBO all fit ok.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NDG Elecs

Thanks for the replies ones and all. Murdochs post is definitely the fly in the ointment! But a picture tells a thousand words, and the height aspect never actually crossed my mind. The busbar may have nice long prongs on it. I have a spare Hager RCBO in the van I think, so I will see if I can pop back to assess. And obviously post the results up on here.

Thanks again. Neil

• Like Like x 3
  7. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

^^ I emailed Hager tech support ... seeking similar clarity you were looking for - they were very helpful

• Like Like x 2
  8. NDG Elecs

Cheers Murdoch. I am not doubting you at all. I was thinking partly along the lines of what may be compatible, and have some other brands of RCBOs, and obviously various MCBs which may point to something similar in size etc. Thanks again.

9. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    You'll find that Hager are mostly compatible with other makes the consumer unit albeit glazed door colour looks the same as mine the top two mcb's in Murdoch's photo look from a board much older.

10. NDG Elecs

Hi, just a quick update on this post, and as a future reference point.

I took a Hager and a Wylex RCBO to this job. Took everything apart and at first I thought the Wylex was a better fit. But upon tightening the cage clamp on the OCPD that I took off I found the Hager was a perfect fit. There was no deviation in the bus bar whatsoever. The bottom of the RCBO is perfectly in line with the main switch. Piccys: IMG_20170725_110830.jpg

IMG_20170725_110757.jpg

IMG_20170725_110713.jpg

11. anthonybragg

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    As I posted they fitted in mine but not a lot of room on top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Agree with Anthony, fitted 2 x Hager ADN RCBO's in similar Hager CU, after being advised able to do so by Hager. There's nothing for the din rail clip to fasten to, or is accessible, although connection to the busbar provides a secure fit . There is also limited room to terminate the cables. Other than that its a breeze :)

13. NDG Elecs

Thankfully the top section of the board was not too cluttered, otherwise it could have been a pain. As you say, the busbar screws along with the other breakers all connected give it a nice secure feel and fit. 30 minute job with all the testing done.

• Like Like x 1