Discuss Hamilton Litestat Digital Mercury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AdieB

-
Reaction score
Doing a job today where they have low voltage halogen down lighters. Most transformers have blown so wanted Led Down lighters. Swapped first set out in kitchen changed old dimmer for led driver version all is good works a treat. Lady says can you change the others out in the dinning room and lounge. Removed all transformers replaced with LED down lighters as before . Went to dimmer switch to change as before only to find dimmer cabling is cat 5 data cable, thought there must be a controller some where. Customer did not know of such a thing. As all transformers removed were 230 volt thought I would try it to see what happens. Lights all came on but when trying to dim mid range it was as if I was in a disco. Searched through loft and found a connection unit which said Hamilton Litestat, Digital Mercury. Spoke to them and they say I need to have a resistive load. Suggested trying a GU10 in one of the lights to see if it improves, He also mentioned a dummy load resister could be fitted.

Has anyone had this problem ? Any suggestions
Thanks. AdieB

Reply to Hamilton Litestat Digital Mercury in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I had a call to a new customer who was experiencing what sounded like nuisance tripping on a kitchen ring. Some background first. It's an MK LN...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Haven't seen this one before.. a string of 8 dimmable downlights in the lounge (max total load 40W) on a Hamilton LED dimmer ((LED-IT B) dim...
Replies
Views
As I tried to summarize in the title, I'm having an interesting buzzing issue in a residential home. Problem: When Lights are turned on, all 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock