Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Hammers, Cold Chisel and Crow/Utility Bars in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

2. PEG

PEG Respected Member

If it is quality and design,then Facom,Estwing take some beating with hammers and prybars, Cold chisels are a wider choice,as long as they are a recognised brand....a lot of mine,i made from scratch:)
    Toyota half-shafts make crackers...

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

Thanks for that I’m also looking at Spitit Levels too. Any suggestions?

4. PEG

PEG Respected Member

Salivabila....see what i did? ;)

5. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

That reminds me, I need an Estwing claw hammer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

7. PEG

PEG Respected Member

I have an extensive (sad) collection,of Estwings,and me all-time favourite,which has done all me own properties and much more,is the first of the rubber handled examples. Get one with straighter claws - it proves much more useful,and has never prevented any extraction.

If you want to guage,just how much i love it (and how much free time,a man can find,for tools...) last year,i blued it,to the same colour as me Browning shotgun :) ...and although it is not a particularly hard-wearing finish...it did look groovy,for a while :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Yes, was gonna go for a straight clawed one. Really like that feature in my mate's new Wiha electrician's hammer I had a go with lately. It's just too light for me though.
    Wanted an Estwing since I asked a joiner about his leather handled beauty many years back. He talked at length about it, and I figured that any tool worthy of that much admiration had to be on my list.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I will have a look at those hammers. I would rather buy quality, that will last. What utility and lever bars would you recommend, I only posted that brand because it seemed a good deal. I know a lot use 7” utility bars for floorboards etc.

Also with the spirit levels, any particular sizes?

10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    • Like Like x 1
  11. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

12. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Forum Mentor

• Like Like x 5
  13. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I use the flat lever bars as in that set. Just cheap ones from toolstation though.
    Level lengths depend on what you are doing. Get some lengthy ones if you are doing a lot of kitchen fits, but a boat level for the bag and a 600mm one will do for general duties. Don't forget to consider magnetic ones for the shorter ones.

14. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

Like these: Pry Bar Set - https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p78223

15. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member