Discuss Harmonisation? Maybe not.... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Quite common here to see all black singles.

En60204 covers it. The only stipulation is that each phase is identified either by label or wire marker etc...

Not questioning that Rob. I’m talking about yellow green brown phase colours not being the European harmonised colours.

These are 240 parallel singles on ladder.

I know 60204 prefers black. Even though we use phase colours in anything we build. Whoever settled on the colours in there wanted a slap around the head.

Last edited:
Not questioning that Rob. I’m talking about yellow green brown phase colours not being the European harmonised colours.

These are 240 parallel singles on ladder.

I know 60204 prefers black. Even though we use phase colours in anything we build. Whoever settled on the colours in there wanted a slap around the head.

Maybe that's the only colour tape the guy had in his toolbox at the time?

Maybe they will take it off when terminated and replace with suitable coloured heat shrink?

Although I've worked in Europe a few times now an not seen brown black grey.

I'm confused as to why they are all labeled L2. Is that the panel designation, or circuit number...? I was expecting to see L1-L2-L3, or even 1-3-5, but colours aside, how can all these cables have the same L2 label, nomenclature doesn't logic...

It seems were the only mugs that fell for the change in wiring colours. I was also under the impression that our regs were harmonising with those in Europe but after seeing Pirates holiday snaps on another post you have to wonder. As Pete999 once posted other countries have a ring binder system for their regs.

Reply to Harmonisation? Maybe not.... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net