Discuss Harmony Halo Corridor Dim Led lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

millar

Just wondering if anyone here has ever installed these lights?

We are having a bit of bother with them at work.

The lights themselves have a number of functions.
They have jumper settings which can alter the brightness of the tube and how long it stays illuminated for. The fittings also have a PIR incorporated. We figured out that it must have a permanent feed wired to the light along with a switch wire ( if the fitting is not an emergency light ) An emergency fitting is internally wired different to save time.

The problem we have is, When the lights are switched " off " they stay on ( this will be from the permanent feed to the PIR... once it detects no movement after a set time the lights will go off until movement is seen or a switch is put on. When we turn “off " the switch our lights click and the 2 non-emergency fittings flicker with every click. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Sorry for the long post, if I have not made myself clear then I will try explain the situation better.

Dougie

When you say they have a built in PIR, is it classed as a ocupancy sensor or asbence detector, and is the switch wired as an overide.

not to sure on the spec of ur lights but ones ive fitted before were electronically controlled by a keypad which allowed all the settings to be ammended by the user, we had to wire data cabling to each connection point

hey mate, I would say it was a ocupancy sensor because the way the lights seem to work are when the SW is open the permanent feed kicks in keeping the light on. ( you set the jumpers ) and the fitting can dim between 10% 20% 30% and 40% then the next set of jumpers is for the time, no jumper 10mins, a jumper for 4mins , 2mins and never off. Now to be honest im not sure if all the lights are set the same ( jumper wise ) another spark was muckin about with them. Its just the fact that the 2 non emergi lights click and flicker when you kill the key switch to test the emergi.

The system was loopin at the light. before altering, there used to be two feeds from the RCBO, one to the lights and an emergi feed to the key switch, then a sw upto the emergi bulkheads.

cheers for the replys guys
Now we have the 2 sw at the bottom of the key switch and a feed from the RCBO to the top side

Reply to Harmony Halo Corridor Dim Led lighting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock