Discuss Has anyone got an easi-dec ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I havent used it but two roofers I worked with had used it a few times for PV, their verdict was that it was pretty flimsy and they dident feel that safe, it may be unfair if comparing with scaffolding but at the price asked for easidec then these comments can be justified I suppose.

I have some of this, its been lying at the back of the house for a couple of years. My dad got it a couple of years ago.

Used it to paint soffet last year. Its a bit flimsy but pacey to put up.

Hi all
Some interesting points arising here about the Easi-Dec Solar System; as the designers and manufacturers let me see if we can give you the info you need. Solar-Dec is a purpose-built system designed with an access platform which also has a lifting mechanism for PV panels. It is modular, so depending on the size of the job you can scale up or scale down. You can attend a free demonstration by giving us a buzz - or view videos, download product sheets, and read compliance information by going to our website.
If in doubt, give us a shout! :D

Regards
Easi-Dec Access Systems Ltd
01767 691812
Easi Dec Access Systems | Access Work Platforms |Industrial Roof Access Systems

I have been tempted to attend one of Easi-Dec demo's BUT I have heard it is very expensive to buy, I fell for something along these lines with Dimplex Air Source Heat Pumps a few years ago and will not be caught again. Looking at some of the properties we have installed on I'm not sure Easi-Dec would work either.

We wouldn't be in successful business if the systems were anything but stringently tested, robust, cost-effective and fit for purpose :) There's no obligation with an Easi-Dec demo, you can erect the system yourself, jump up and down and ask our technical engineers how difficult access scenarios can be overcome.

Just give us a buzz! 01767 691812.

Cut to the chase Easi-dec, this is a trade forum, can we have an idea of cost.
Outlay has to be judged against an average £450 for scaffolding on an install,without costs there is no way of calculating how many installs it would take to recoup cost. I have also been tempted to attend an open day but have been put off with talk of £8k for two lifts and a staging board, which is probably the minimum required to work safely, is this sort of figure incorrect?

We wouldn't be in successful business if the systems were anything but stringently tested, robust, cost-effective and fit for purpose :) There's no obligation with an Easi-Dec demo, you can erect the system yourself, jump up and down and ask our technical engineers how difficult access scenarios can be overcome.

Just give us a buzz! 01767 691812.

Thanks for that and I expect the testing you have done is concise to say the least. I will take you up on your offer one day and come over and have a look. Be good to question how your system could get over a 9mt conservatory on the back of a house for example.

We have an easi-dec system and use it where we can, 50% of the time would seem to be right the rest of the time we have to use traditional scaffolding. It is despite it's looks a solid bit of kit easy to erect if you have the space needed to assemble and erect it.(hence the 50%) nice to work off it feels as solid as any scaffold system and far better than any tower system I've ever worked on. The winch makes getting modules onto the roof easy.

octors always prescribing me salbutomol inhalers were u have to press done to get the mist however when im in a coughing fit its quite hard to get relief.....has any asthma suffers heard

Since I started this thread I've been clocking the possible uses and I agree about 50% of sites I visit would work with the easi-dec. The idea of not having to rely upon scaffolders for 50% of jobs is very tempting. Even if the scaffolder is great it is less convenient for the customer and it puts an element of the job success in the hands of someone other than yourself.

I've promised myself that I can have one when I'll use it 3 weeks in a row. They offer a very handy rent-to-buy scheme which spreads the cost very nicely.

Cut to the chase Easi-dec, this is a trade forum, can we have an idea of cost.
Outlay has to be judged against an average £450 for scaffolding on an install,without costs there is no way of calculating how many installs it would take to recoup cost. I have also been tempted to attend an open day but have been put off with talk of £8k for two lifts and a staging board, which is probably the minimum required to work safely, is this sort of figure incorrect?

Good morning everybody -

The Solar System is modular; for the kit that you mention above which comprises a solar dec with lifting gantry, an end dec and catwalk which spans in-between, the total cost is £7333 which provides you with an 8 metre long platform and edge protection.

The Solar-Dec is available in varying specifications, if you wanted to purchase it on its own for example you could have a 2m or a 2.5m dec with or without "winged gates" - these provide you with just shy of an extra 2m span additional to the dec. This obviously is less of an outlay than the complete kit and can be added to incrementally.

So, in the scenario that you mention above you're looking at a return on your investment of 16 average jobs if you use the complete system 100% of the time - to approx 30 jobs if you believe you can only use it 50% of the time as has been mentioned... In our experience, if the system is used only 50% of the time that's generally because of lack of experience in how to fit the kit nto tricky access scenarios. In practice, i's rare that the system can't be used as it's so modular. If in doubt - we can look at a piccie of a tricky access scenario and offer advice.

Points to consider; you're not tied to a scaffold contractor, you're set up and ready to install swiftly, you can move the kit under your own steam, and critically - panels are winched to height safely and under control. Limiting damage to both them and your customer's property.

Phewee - that's a lot of info, and so finally - we do offer a "Hire to Buy" scheme, which is interest free. So, instead of throwing money away on scaffolding costs, you could be investing in your own professional equipment which could be yours in say 12 months.

Again guys, always more than happy to help - if in doubt give us a shout :D

Easi-Dec
01767 691812
Solar Panel Installation and Safe Access Products from Easi-Dec

Thanks for that and I expect the testing you have done is concise to say the least. I will take you up on your offer one day and come over and have a look. Be good to question how your system could get over a 9mt conservatory on the back of a house for example.

Hi there -
This is achievable with a 6.6 metre catwalk instead of a 4.6m, with the standard solar system see here: Window and Solar Panel Access - Window-Dec/Solar-Dec.

Hope this helps!

I've got an easi-dec that is about 7 years old. Got a 2m deck, 4.6m board and a support leg. I do a lot of roofing work and would not be without it. If you know what you are doing you can set it up in about half an hour. Never had an issue with it moving or feeling unsafe. I've got the standard legs and have had them extended to full stretch without issue. Its not flimsy at all. If you are innovative enough you can adapt it to cover a lot of different situations. Very good on uneven ground as each leg is individually adjustable.
Also think the H&S bloke is talking rubbish. I use it as edge protection. The legs are about 8-10 feet out from the wall, at full stretch, so you would have to push the deck back from the wall by this distance before you passed the CofG and over balanced it.
Here's my deck at full stretch!!

Attachments

• Image045.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Reply to Has anyone got an easi-dec ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net