Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Has anyone used Master Bender conduit bending app for iPhone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. trocken

trocken Guest

I saw this online and the math used is much more precise than the cosecant method for bending
    conduit. Has anyone used it?

I saw this reference article on precision;

http://www.electrician2.com/electa1/offset.html

might be too much math for electricians??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2012
  2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    perswonally i find that a hilmor bender is easier to bend the conduit. don't think an iphone can stand the stress.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i=p/u

i=p/u Trusted Advisor

no cause my phone just rings and texts... but interesting

• Like Like x 1
  4. alarm man

alarm man Guest

is it free might be worth a look,tho i need an iphone first..

5. Mark_Burgess

Mark_Burgess Electrician's Arms

Nope, along with my built in app between my ears I use a pencil and measuring tape. :grin:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dcf

Dcf Trusted Advisor

Just checked the link out a degree in Maths is an advantage.ill stick withmy hilmor.wouldnt fancy bending 4" conduit tho?ooof!

7. trocken

trocken Guest

Have you tried a 4 point saddle and solve it in 20 seconds???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

This is an American set-up, so don't use the conduit dimensions , they are very different to our metric sizes, or come to that, our old imperial sizes!! They have always used internal dimensions where we have always used the external dimensions of conduit.

Most of their bending machines are powered either electrically or hand hydraulically. They tend not to like doing anything by pure man power...lol!!

9. trocken

trocken Guest

The program permits you to put your own tool in for bending. So it makes no difference whether
    it is metric or American standard trade sizes. I have never seen a small practical electric bender for
    small size conduit-it is usually bent by hand!!!

10. Knobhead

Knobhead Guest

What a total load of excrement. Learn to bend conduit by doing it.
    OK I’m a fossil!

• Like Like x 3
  11. mackers

mackers Guest

is this for real!
    LOL

12. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

13. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Guaranteed there is not a decent spark in the country that needs that nonsense to bend a conduit. By the time you would work that lot out there wouldn't be alot of pipe installed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Engineer54

Engineer54 Guest

Agreed, ...Take it from me, the Yank sparks wouldn't find that nonsense helpful either, and they use conduit containment far, far more than you do in the UK... ....It's like their T&E!! lol!!...

15. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Just looked at the app store and they want £2.49 for the app. It's not even worth buying for entertainment purposes. :)

• Like Like x 1