Discuss Have you ever met a gay tradesman?! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

Eddiesparks

Random I know, I've got nothing at all against anyone regarding sexual preference by the way, but I've never met a gay tradesman. Ever. Have you?

No sniggering we're all mature here

I'm happily married (to a woman) by the way

I'm relatively good friends with two gay guys that are painter & decorators.

And I'm not gay either but my boyfriend is!

Several, the thing is not many of them are out at work. There's no need for them to be. Given some of the absolute garbage I've heard coming out of people's mouths regarding gays I couldn't blame anyone for keeping it quiet.

Yes Trev that's what I thought. It's a shame we're in the dark ages in the building trade.

I was on a site a few years back and there was a story in some rag with a slight gay implication, one idiot went off into one about how much he hated them and how disgusting the practice is, how they should all be drowned at birth etc etc. we've all heard it.
Anyway, there was this lad called Patrick who was bloody enormous and was well known to be hard as nails, he let this clown get his rant out and then said "So you don't know that I'm gay"
The back pedalling was spectacular.

harness69?. no, seriously. i've come across 1 or 2. no problem with it.

I don't know, I never have asked anyone I have ever met never mind on site what their sexuality is.

Got an old gay mate, who`s made it as a millionaire as a cabaret female impersonator....does a fantastic Shirley Bassey...used to always go clubbing with the guy...as he attracted so many women...

Lol, being in Africa I don't have any peer pressure to be politically correct about these things. It was something that I used to have an intense dislike for when I was a lot younger. I never knew any gay people and the thought of it used to make me feel ill and there were occasions I picked a fight with a guy for no other reason than he was overtly gay and the thought of it offended me. A few decades on I'm a lot more tolerant and laissez faire about the gay thing. I have friends and associates who are gay and a while back I had an apprentice with my company for a couple of years who was in a same sex marriage and I have no problem with their sexuality. The only thing that I still dislike is seeing guy men kiss with open mouths. I'm not sure why but it does turn my stomach somewhat.....but hey I'm working on it, maybe in another 20 years I'll have completely got over my bigotry.

Yep, my old contracts manager/lead electrician was gay. Worked with him for years. Met a few gay decorators and a joiner too.
Probably worked with loads and not know too. I can imagine it being the sort of thing some people would rather keep quiet about on site.

I have plenty gay friends and don't have an issue with it whatsoever. but I've told them to their face, I'm dammed if I'm turning my back on em!
as for tradesmen that are gay, like I said before. know a few. The reality is though as Andy said. probably worked with loads and just not known.

Reply to Have you ever met a gay tradesman?! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock