Discuss Have you ever put your boots in the washing machine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don’t.

I put two pairs in on 40 degrees and the slowest spin speed. On all four the steel toe cap has become detached and is moving around the inside of the shoe.

Expensive mistake.
silly arse. you should have got in wearing them.

Always worth remembering,that even the best "waterproof" boots,are not good for being immersed in the same. A great deal of footwear internals,are made up of paper type products,and revert back to base:(
I do a bit of guddling (hand fishing) and you need a good,strong sole,with a self draining,immersible body...there are few makes,up for it :rolleyes:

I used to put my portwest ones in just fine, my latest scruffs ones dont like it too much and the tread is now coming away from the side after a couple of washes... Ps i do live alone and also wash my whites with my colours.... And shoes.... Livin the dream:D
You must have a hard time on site then.......

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 17.36.40.jpg

Don’t.

I put two pairs in on 40 degrees and the slowest spin speed. On all four the steel toe cap has become detached and is moving around the inside of the shoe.

Expensive mistake.
I haven't since we got our new washing machine but i used to put my steelies in the wash maybe every month or so there used to be a cycle on that washer that was supposed to be for trainers so id stick in my boots and a few pairs of trainers to sort of jam them and I never had any problems done it with CAT boots and Trojans.

Reply to Have you ever put your boots in the washing machine? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net