Discuss he thinks I have the magic touch! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
while its not a security system I recently checked out the power speaker in my chiefs siren in his vehicle. it was not working so i thought first check the fuse, fuse ok! metered output from control unit and had sound signal.
amplifier working ok as well.
placed my hand on the top of the speaker and about got my ears blasted off.
apparently the shell of the speaker needed to be bonded to the frame.
cleaned up the bolt holes and installed stainless bolts and everything works. still puzzling though
speaker wires had both pos and neg
further inspection found the neg wire was broken at the speaker terminal, so it started working when the frame bond was cleaned.
(I would have found it with a continuity test but we had to go on a call right then)
stripped and re-soldered the neg wire and shes good to go.
speaker is old so he's going to order another one and I'll be installing it.

Last edited:

Reply to he thinks I have the magic touch! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Awful time of a new installation by an idiot! He spent most of his time with his phone attached to his ear held between his shoulder and face...
Replies
Views
Just thoughts Id share my recent fun and games on my parents farm.. The electrics are old. Its a 400yr old house with outbuildings just as old...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone has some good stories of really easy call-outs made a lot more difficult by the customer's rather fixed views. Here is my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, As a member of various other Forums I understand that after reading the “guidance sticky” (done!) I should use search to see if others...
Replies
Views
When I bought my house we had it inspected before buying to highlight faults, so the inspection and testing done by RICS Chartered Surveyor and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock