Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss he thinks I have the magic touch! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. gnuuser

gnuuser retired Industrial wire monkey DIY

while its not a security system I recently checked out the power speaker in my chiefs siren in his vehicle. it was not working so i thought first check the fuse, fuse ok! metered output from control unit and had sound signal.
    amplifier working ok as well.
    placed my hand on the top of the speaker and about got my ears blasted off.
    apparently the shell of the speaker needed to be bonded to the frame.
    cleaned up the bolt holes and installed stainless bolts and everything works. still puzzling though
    speaker wires had both pos and neg
    further inspection found the neg wire was broken at the speaker terminal, so it started working when the frame bond was cleaned.
    (I would have found it with a continuity test but we had to go on a call right then)
    stripped and re-soldered the neg wire and shes good to go.
    speaker is old so he's going to order another one and I'll be installing it.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. dmxtothemax

dmxtothemax Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    David Haddock Electronic Repairs
    Apple polisher !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

I'm glad you can lay your magic hands,on your chief's horn,and make him happy...(giggerty) :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. gnuuser

gnuuser retired Industrial wire monkey DIY

good one I guess I stepped in that one
    apple polisher?
    oh well i guess its better to polish apples than try to polish turds:laughing: