Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Heads Up For Aldi... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Pete E

Pete E DIY

Just a quick heads up about some specials coming up at Aldi on the 18th Feb.

They have a number of items that might interest people here including a wheeled tool backpack for £25, a cordless 20V Hammer drill with two 1.5AH batteries, plus various bit sets.

In particular they are doing a 9 piece carbide Hole Saw set (for masonry) and a similar 10 piece bi-metal set for thin metals ect both at £9.99 each..

Not sure if folks here will be interested in the drill, but it does have a 3 year warranty...

I have however heard good reports about the hole saw sets and for a tenner, I reckon they will be worth a punt....

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    I have never been able to see any of their special offers in my local store. Dunno if everyone camps overnight outside and scoops them all up, but never been able to get anything like that that they sell.

3. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical

Just to help those who are going to get something at aldi, just change the name it's fine.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    AH its a bit like kingswood high street is that, theres a lidl just round the corner too.... the high street is like a mix between shameless and the walking dead...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    And the morbidly obese.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

I have just got a set of van seat covers for £8.99 and recently bought a concrete breaker with a three year guarantee for £89. They have cans of 1897 (rip off 1664) beer for 75p each, can't go wrong!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Thursdays and Sundays are the changeover days with new items. Go in on those days and you'll be a winner. Pick up a sales book and you'll have a heads up to what's special for those days. It's just life!
    The main thing though is to not be afraid!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    "A place where dreams are bought and sold ..."
    :tearsofjoy::poutingcat::tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. static zap

static zap Regular EF Member

Sturdy boots, shin pads and extra padding under coat !

Favourite seem to be elbows in the kidneys ,and trolley up the back of your leg !
    ...If theres ONE left , what missing ..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Can't fault the Aldi diamond core cutter sets. Cheaper than hiring once and last for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christopher Bernard

Christopher Bernard Regular EF Member

I got the 80 piece screwdriver set and they are pretty good for like £11.99 I think I paid, I ended up getting them for other people as well in the end.

12. Vortigern

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    OH but you do!...very afraid. Mwuhahahahahahah

13. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Saw some Eastern Europeans in my local Aldi Store, buying multiples of everything "Workzone" so look out. As an aside I did notice Aldi had a set of bits ,( not sure how many bits but it wasn't just 10 or 12 ) for a Dremmel type tool, I got my hands on one before they all went into the Easter European Guy's trolley, mind you he did look a bit peeved when I nicked it out of his grubby Mitts, so much for business etiquette.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  14. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Was the wife impressed with the screwdrivers then that you got for her on Christmas day?

15. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    mine's got a new i-phone and i-pad already so i bought her an i-ron to compliment her collection.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1