Discuss Health and safety policy and complaints log in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sifu

-
Reaction score
hi all, I ve just had my stroma assessment and had a couple of non conformites on my h&s policy and complaints log. Does anyone know of any I could download.

Attachments

• Complaints Policy.pdf
    86.6 KB · Views: 78
This is the H&S package I used for my Stroma assessment (£30+VAT) Electrical Safety Method Statement & Risk Assessment Example to Download - https://www.hsdirect.co.uk/product-information/full-set/electrical-set-method-statement.html
I have attached a copy of my complaints policy, feel free to copy it. This together with an excel spreadsheet to log complaints/concerns was all I needed for Stroma.
Do you have a record keeping regime for Health &Safety Audits, how often do you conduct an Audit? can't open the spreadsheet for some reason. Don't know how big your company is, do your employees have a copy of this policy, I think when I was involved tool talks were a very important operation.

Do you have a record keeping regime for Health &Safety Audits, how often do you conduct an Audit? can't open the spreadsheet for some reason. Don't know how big your company is, do your employees have a copy of this policy, I think when I was involved tool talks were a very important operation.

Just started up at the beginning of the year. At present the company consists of me, myself and I so only a small concern at the moment.

I don't do any H&S audits as I would only be auditing myself. I find the package good as a check to make sure I have not missed anything obvious before starting a job (I only do small domestic by the way due to health reasons) and will share the appropriate parts with the client.

As for tool talks, does talking to myself count or is that the first sign of madness?

Just started up at the beginning of the year. At present the company consists of me, myself and I so only a small concern at the moment.

I don't do any H&S audits as I would only be auditing myself. I find the package good as a check to make sure I have not missed anything obvious before starting a job (I only do small domestic by the way due to health reasons) and will share the appropriate parts with the client.

As for tool talks, does talking to myself count or is that the first sign of madness?
Didn't know it was just you at the time of posting mate, can't see what Stroma are kicking off about, you seem to have it all covered anyway.

I queried this with my assessor and his response was you need a H&S policy even if it is just you because that's what we require for you to join the scheme. (in other words bureaucratic BS) Still, at least I have it if I take anyone on in the future.

I just copied the Health & Safety template from the hse website and their layout for risk assessments, which you only need if you have over 5 employeees.

I m only a sole trader so thought my very basic headed a4 sheet would do but sadly not. The inspector said that as they are ukas approved things are loads stricter.

Reply to Health and safety policy and complaints log in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net