Discuss Hearing problems and PPE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just a warning to the younger fraternity, just been watching Watchdog on catch up TV and very surprised at the results from testing household appliances for decibel readings, some hair dryers, should not according to the results of the tests be used for more than 2 minutes at any one time.

Now I was brought up in an era where PPE was not issue or if it was it was in it's infancy, drills, power saws, you get the picture most portable tools you all use today, very rarely were ear defenders used in those days, so a warning, if you are using any power tools use the correct PPE as well, I now have tinnitus and in the very near future will need hearing aids, so don't shrink away from using PPE of any description, you will regret it, I do.

Same here, had Tinnitus for years not sure if it was working on site all those years back or standing next to the speaker stack watching Ultravox at the Hammersmith Odeon, its horrible so do look after your hearing. I was given hearing aids to use but my god it makes everything sound so loud especially in London that I don't bother using them and you can ignore stupid requests from people as you "didn't" hear them......

i also was given hearing aids as my hearing has declined somewhat: the best the NHS have. far smaller than them old slug behind the ear crap, but.
1. uncomfortable.
2. can't scratch my ear.
2. if 'er indoors and her mother are here, i still can't hear the TV.

i also was given hearing aids as my hearing has declined somewhat: the best the NHS have. far smaller than them old slug behind the ear crap, but.
1. uncomfortable.
2. can't scratch my ear.
2 that's what I'm worried about Tel once they get going, I tend to switch off, drone drone, Eastender's this Coronation Street that, my God how boring.

Thats because you've turned the hearing aids off..........

Thats because you've turned the hearing aids off..........
So would you if you had my Mrs droning about the Street and all that other mindless garbage on the TV these days, still at least the new Dr Who is better looking than the last one.

So would you if you had my Mrs droning about the Street and all that other mindless garbage on the TV these days, still at least the new Dr Who is better looking than the last one.

LightWave RF remote sockets for the fun factor......... you need a man cave at the end of the garden.

LightWave RF remote sockets for the fun factor......... you need a man cave at the end of the garden.
Got the garage all set up bench, chair phone TV etc, trouble is it's an attached garage, so easy to get to, nearest refuge is the boozer, trouble is I get too much earache if I go there, life can be difficult at times. Still there is always the Red stuff and it's restock day on Friday, happy days.

trouble is the boozer is now too bloody pricey. returning from a call-out yesterday, red hot ( my van's air con is opening the wind down windows ), just fancied a cold Kronenberg. £3.95. FFS. can buy 3 for that in aldi. coupled with the fact that I have to go out in the rain for a smoke. sod 'em. i hope phony blair dies before me so I can dance on his grave. :eek:

I'd want some CCTV to watch the mayhem , from the safe distance of the man cave.

Angle grinder , probably guilty for my tinitus !

(confined space -under own car !)
I have a confined space, trouble is it gets invaded every so often, still She is all mine 46 years last Monday, get less for Murder these days:D

I have a confined space, trouble is it gets invaded every so often
the space should only be invaded for 4 reasons:

1. there's a cracking documentary on TV. Do you want to watch it?

2. She's bringing food.

3. she's bringing beer.

4, she wants a cuddle.

the priorities are personal choice. maybe we should have a poll on the above.

2. She's bringing food.

3. she's bringing beer.

4, she wants a cuddle.

Number 3 for me but substitute beer for Red Wine please

Number 3 for me but substitute beer for Red Wine please
your order has been adjusted. oops sorry, should have shouted above the female gossip.

and as an aside. all that red wine in your system, needs a good flushing out. i recommend Marston's Owd Rodger.

2. She's bringing food.

3. she's bringing beer.

4, she wants a cuddle.

Substitute 4 for she wants to polish your chrome dome.......

trouble is the boozer is now too bloody pricey. returning from a call-out yesterday, red hot ( my van's air con is opening the wind down windows ), just fancied a cold Kronenberg. £3.95. FFS. can buy 3 for that in aldi. coupled with the fact that I have to go out in the rain for a smoke. sod 'em. i hope phony blair dies before me so I can dance on his grave. :eek:
smokes, hmmmmm

I go for Tyskie or Perła at 5 cans for a deep sea diver......

your order has been adjusted. oops sorry, should have shouted above the female gossip.
I started this thread as a serious issue, as usual when Tel and I get into a meaningful conversation it is soon relegated into the subject of Beer, Wine or getting away from our respective other halves, good fun never the less.

strangely enough, i ain't got a chrome dome. just a small patch back of yed where i can't see it so i ain't bothered a ----. ( proceeds to comb hair out of eyes to see to make next post).

I started this thread as a serious issue, as usual when Tel and I get into a meaningful conversation it is soon relegated into the subject of Beer, Wine or getting away from our respective other halves, good fun never the less.
Substitute 4 for she wants to polish your chrome dome.......
Now that's just plain filthy. I'm not completely bald just yet.

smokes, hmmmmm

I go for Tyskie or Perła at 5 cans for a deep sea diver......
tyskie is OK but if you want a really good Polish lager, go for Okocim. 7%.

Reply to Hearing problems and PPE in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net