Discuss Heat Link wiring Nest Thermostat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here so thanks for having me!

I am changing my old RF thermostat (BRITISH GAS WR1 - a rebadged Drayton) to a Nest 3rd gen on Glowworm Flexicom.

I've installed a nest before but this is to a different system.. looked at the wiring diagrams but none seem to match my current wiring.

I've attached a picture on a message directly below this one, if you give me any advice I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Jacob

What’s the question/ problem?

Good question :D

Essentially, it's which wires go where?
I believe the earth can be capped as the heat link is plastic and doesn't need an earth. My main question is about the neuteal/live wires and whether I put the two of them into the live on the heat link as it is on the current setup and if I'd need to use the bridge that is currently there?

I have asked for engineers to come round but it's going to be days . I'm without heating and have a child so am trying to sort this out if possible. Cheers

Last edited:
Can you not just put it back the way it was?
There are a few variations for boiler type and heating system which you will see in the Nest instructions (?)

Last edited:
Can you not just put it back the way it was?
There are a few variations for boiler type and heating system which you will see in the Nest instructions (?)
I'm just unsure to as whether the ports on the original unit are the same as the ones on the Heat link ones. Don't want to blow my boiler through the roof :tearsofjoy: Would that work then?

Reply to Heat Link wiring Nest Thermostat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net