Discuss Heating controls in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

can anyone advise...

i would like to ideally use Honeywell.

i want the stats and programmer to be wireless.

it needs a frost stat

it also needs two stats and a programmer

and it needs three channels / zones

any ideas on how to achieve this?

Hi,

can anyone advise...

i would like to ideally use Honeywell.

i want the stats and programmer to be wireless.

it needs a frost stat

it also needs two stats and a programmer

and it needs three channels / zones

any ideas on how to achieve this?

Whats it for CH, HW and UFH?

I did one of those Honeywell courses but it's one of those things that unless you do it regularly it doesn't sink in.

its for hot water, and two different heating zones.

i don't quite know if it's possible to do it wirelessly

Wireless thermostats are common and come in programmable and normal varieties.
Wireless programmers I'm less familiar with, but you might find one somewhere (I've never yet found a need for one)

The frost stat will be wired and I'd recommend putting a pipe stat on the return pipe close to the boiler in series with it (presumable the boiler is what is being frost protected?) this would be wired to open the DHW valve if an open vented cylinder but must not if it is an unvented cylinder.

2 heating zones can be (normally would be) connected to the same channel on the programmer unless the customer specifically wants them timed seperately.

I did one of those Honeywell courses but it's one of those things that unless you do it regularly it doesn't sink in.

its for hot water, and two different heating zones.

i don't quite know if it's possible to do it wirelessly

Drayton MiTime RF pack 5 but the programmer has to be hard wired as it's the receiver for both room thermostats and the cylinder thermostat and obviously it's what switches the valves.

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/...KcUJ1RlytVn-EwGZCSCzKz7SAfQrM1GxjERoCdCPw_wcB

It needs two heating zones because it's got a granny flat essentially and it needs to be separate.

thanks for the pointers, I'll have a look a bit further into it.

So you'll probably want a seperate single channel programmer in the granny flat to control that zone then?

Plus you'll want to think about making the stat in the granny flat easy to operate. I've lost count of the number of houses I've been to where customers (usually the older generation) who have wanted fancy roomstats changed for simple dial types.

Can't say I'm aware of any wireless programmers but your best bet would be to use 2 wireless programmable room stats for the 2 heating zones and a single channel programmer for the hot water

hi
have done a RF hot water cylinder on system change due to the fact that the old cylinder did not have a stat & heating engineer wanted a unit. we did a battery unit with probe that contacted the unit back at the mains. had a over button on the mains unit so even if they lost battery they could then push button for manual control. was a while ago, then heating was prog RF stat.
hope it helps

Reply to Heating controls in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock