Discuss heating in a church in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
was working in church today, ripping out pyro and installing heat res flex as pyro blow up or something as they turned the heating on.. anyway

the heaters are of tubular type and dude says they work out as 120W per foot, does this ring bells with any of you guys...

also its a tt system and the main boss dude said to me leave last socket off to do zs test, but surely a zs test is irrelevent if is tt system.. all on rcbo's by the way .. evening gents

was working in church today, ripping out pyro and installing heat res flex as pyro blow up or something as they turned the heating on.. anyway

the heaters are of tubular type and dude says they work out as 120W per foot, does this ring bells with any of you guys... Yes, used to do a lot of church work with my old gaffer, the tubular heaters under the pews was the worst job in the world!

also its a tt system and the main boss dude said to me leave last socket off to do zs test, but surely a zs test is irrelevent if is tt system.. all on rcbo's by the way .. evening gents Should still be obtaining a circuit Zs measurement, regardless of earthing system.

The Dimplex ones are actually 60W per foot.

they are old and a cap comes off end and wired into that.... i said would you not be better liffting them off and turning around so you didnt have to cable out from wall along seat ..... he said no, just use a chock box and screw under seat/... rough, but you wont see it unless you 5 years old and sliding round the floor..

Your Dude obviously doesn't understand MICC installations, either that or whoever installed the stuff made a complete Pigs Ear of the job!! I'm sure heatproof flex is going to be a great improvement over MICC!!! ...lol!!!

Zs doesn't only rely on the Ra of the TTsystem, it will also incorporate the incoming water and Gas supplies pipework, which invariably for church installations will be Metallic. You maybe quite surprised if the TT system was installed by someone that knew what he was doing. Also if this is an older church with a spire, it should also incorporate a lightning protection system that will incorporate a bond to the MET, ....it all helps to bring the Ze level down....

i seen your favourite 16mm earthing rods(3) lying on the ground E54... .. the walls are saturated , and someone says if too much heat in place it will just create condensation and paint will fall off, alot of heaters.. tubular ones / old ones... 120W per foot

the big donkey was running round going this for scrap man in morning...

i seen your favourite 16mm earthing rods(3) lying on the ground E54... .. the walls are saturated , and someone says if too much heat in place it will just create condensation and paint will fall off, alot of heaters.. tubular ones / old ones... 120W per foot

the big donkey was running round going this for scrap man in morning...

3 rods and a load of pyro,youve dipped out on some beer money there ipu..

Dimplex heaters came in 60, 80 and 120W per foot. The end caps were a pain in the ares. the only thing in their favour was you could strip them and repair.

Your Dude obviously doesn't understand MICC installations, either that or whoever installed the stuff made a complete Pigs Ear of the job!! I'm sure heatproof flex is going to be a great improvement over MICC!!! ...lol!!!

Zs doesn't only rely on the Ra of the TTsystem, it will also incorporate the incoming water and Gas supplies pipework, which invariably for church installations will be Metallic. You maybe quite surprised if the TT system was installed by someone that knew what he was doing. Also if this is an older church with a spire, it should also incorporate a lightning protection system that will incorporate a bond to the MET, ....it all helps to bring the Ze level down....

I have worked in many churchs rewired them and cathedrals. I have used nothing else but micc (pyro). The Diocise insisit on it in fact. Heat resitance flex will not last the test of time like micc.

I have worked in many churchs rewired them and cathedrals. I have used nothing else but micc (pyro). The Diocise insisit on it in fact. Heat resitance flex will not last the test of time like micc.

My point exactly.... I was being sarcastic when i said that heatproof flex was going to be a''Great Improvement'' over MICC cable... Most churches of any age are all wired in MICC, not least because insurers insist on it. It's also about the only wiring system that blends in to the structure too. And, ....as you say, will outlive any other wiring system out there. It's one type of installation (churches etc) that is more than worth any extra costs involved with the use of MICC cable....

its rough like...the have cut the flex on the old heater from spur, and just connecting upto new spur...so new cable and spur but not from spur to heater..... proper crap... i had to wire two heaters cause too short a flex and by almight good god they are awkward

its rough like...the have cut the flex on the old heater from spur, and just connecting upto new spur...so new cable and spur but not from spur to heater..... proper crap... i had to wire two heaters cause too short a flex and by almight good god they are awkward

Can you rewrite that, ....i can't make out head or tail what your actually saying... lol!!!

Don't think I've ever stepped foot in a church that had heating ;) I thought the idea was for Sunday penance and to suffer for sins etc. They'll be offering bingo next, and alcohol!!

god said 'let there be light and there was light'
god said 'let there be heat and there was....
god said 'get that bloody ipu on the phone now'...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reply to heating in a church in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net