Discuss heating problem HELP PLEASE in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vinny electric

immergas victrix 26 kw boiler

i wired one of these boilers today and was not sure how to bring the switched to back to activate the boiler i have done this job many times but i was told that this boiler is volt free and im not sure how to switch it if this is the case i bought two wires back to to boiler off the mini valve orange and gray wires and put them into the 40 and 41 on the boiler i cant see how this will work as they are not volt free eg 230v but this is wot the rep said i needed to do has anybody came across this problem before i have not turned the boiler on yet as i am afraid it will blow the pcb

Looking at the product documentation, it looks like you need to use their own wiring centre and controls.

One of the other lads will be along soon to help.

I'm assuming when you say 'mini valve' you mean the motorised valves on the heating and hot water flow pipes? If you wire the valve up normally so that on the MV blue is neutral, browns are connected to the room stat and cylinder respectively and the grey and orange are connected to the on terminals for the boiler. The grey and orange wires must not be connected to anything else if the boiler requires a volt free contact otherwise you risk damaging the boiler. I haven't looked at the boiler wiring diagram but if it's anything like the Heatrae Sadia ones i'm sure that will make it work. I would also wrap some tape round the block connecters in the wiring centre that take the grey and orange wires and label them as being 'volt free', this will hopefully ensure anyone who may come to it in the future will not shove 230V down it by accident.

dunc thanks for your info sounds like the right answer so wot you are saying is to disconnect the gary and orange wires from the motorized valve and connect them two cables to the two cables that i have running to the boiler as for the rest of the cables in the motorized valve are they wired as usual thanks for letting me pick your brain would have cost a few quid for a new boiler

love this site so good for info

Sounds like your singing from the same song sheet as me. Tbh, you'd be hard pushed to blow the boiler up as there's usually control fuses to protect against such things happening. I know a plumber who had a mate wire his boiler up and get it wrong. Got the wiring very wrong and created a short circuit straight across the room stat controls. Blew quite a few fuses before he called me round to have a look and fortunately hadn't damaged the PCB or anything else for that matter.

Reply to heating problem HELP PLEASE in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net