Discuss Heating wiring advice please in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

This has raised an interesting point; hope I'm not off-topic. I'm Level two with a couple of years site time heading to Level Three. What's the best way to get to grips with heating wiring? I understand how boiler pumps etc interact and I can read the S and Y but, as has been said many times in here, this does not a skilled Sparky make. What's your thoughts ladies and gents?
Honeywell do some excellent courses on the subject. You’ll find them on their web site.

Just learn the colours of the valves and what they do and the sequence of switching then all will become clear.

Two port valve.... Grey perm live, brown switch live from controls, blue neutral, green and yellow earth and orange switch live to boiler and pump..unless the boiler has pump over run then the pump is connected to the pump live terminal in the boiler.

Order of sequence/switching.... programmer, thermostat, valve, boiler and pump.

Say this is for the CH....CH on connects to common of room thermostat, switch live from thermostat connects to brown of the valve and orange of the valve connects to switch live of the boiler.

It's just a load of switching in series.

Reply to Heating wiring advice please in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

i , i have a property to work on which has a programmable room stat upstairs and a programmable roomstat downstairs. S plan system , 2 zones. hot...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a slightly mish-mash heating set up, in that downstairs I have wet underfloor heating with an individual thermostat per room, but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m not an electrician or a plumber, but I am confident diyer and am not completely incompetent! I have a new build house with a boiler/hot...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some help on how to wire up this nightmare... (They're usual sparky had an argument with customer and left job)...Trying to help a mate...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock