Discuss Hello everybody, nice to meet you all! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

2pacaveli86

Hi guys,

Just a quick msg to say hello and I’m looking forward to getting involved with discussions on various subjects.

I’ve been qualified for over 10 years mainly sub contracting and now is the time to start building up some of my own work and widening the client base.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed, I’m pretty sure I’ve got the business side sorted. I’ve had a vat registered limited company for 9 years so all I need to do is get going! I’m using Xero with the projects add on to keep that side of things in check.

My NIC is on hold, I’ve had it before but it’s been laid dormant until I ask for another inspection since the last one was due in January (it was a waste of money when only subcontracting to larger companies).

Anyone have any idea on the best way to market myself? I chase industrial work predominantly, commercial is ok too but domestic I try to keep to a minimum.

Getting your foot in the door of big companies (or even small units) I can imagine being pretty hard. Is it best to call around? Email? Door knock? What is the most time efficient method?

I know it’s going to be tough but I’m ready now at the ripe old age of 32!

Thanks for reading :)

Hello pacaveli, another from Northants.

Welcome along.
If you have been sub contracting then that would be the time to get contact details and personal introductions to people and companies who you may wish to work for in the future.
If you have any existing contacts then now if the time to use them.
Personal contact is often the most effective if you have done research beforehand on contact names and existing electrical maintenance arrangements. Have something useful or a USP to offer the company that may encourage change.
However it can be a slow process if you are starting from scratch.
Good luck and I hope it goes well.

Reply to Hello everybody, nice to meet you all! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock