Discuss Hello Everyone, Figured I'd Register. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Greetings all I thought I'd register since I tend to look at posts here a fair bit, I'm just in the process of joining Napit after working for other people for years but now it's time to do it myself. If anyone wanted to help with their experience it would be appreciated.

Qualifications: C&G 2330-07, C&G 2382-605 and Logic 301/5929/7 (C&G 2394).

Printed (also saved as pdf files): Approved Documents A, B, C, E, F, L, M, P, The EAWR, Public Liability insurance & a H&S policy (even though it's just me!).

Tester with calibration certificate, BS7671, On-Site Guide & Guidance Note 3.

The Assessment (02.02.18) I believe is for A1.1 (domestic) & A1.2 (non-domestic) although I did tick just full scope domestic because apparently I need my C&G 2395 (Periodic) to do more than that?

Anyone think of anything I might be missing? except for "suitable installation work" which is the only part I need to sort out.

Attachments

• (NCL GUI 0060) NAPIT assessment checklist v1.7 (10.17).pdf
    561.7 KB · Views: 12
Complaints policy and or procedure, Nappit should have a download.

Re EICR's, you may wish to review the 'discussions' on this forum before taking upon that challenge. If you have sufficient experience, go for it.

Welcome by the way :)

PS Have you been to Jamie's & Jimmy's café?
PPS CDM regs, another mill stone to be aware of :mad:

Thanks for the response, bit nerving but I know what I'm doing which helps, as well as a lot of studying.

PPS CDM regs, another mill stone to be aware of

Downloaded and I'll have a read through, it seems pretty standard at least if you compare it to things like 7671.

Nappit should have a download

I cannot log onto the Napit website yet as my number is only provisional though I did find a NICEIC one, apparently the Napit one is on the members area.

Welcome by the way :)

PS Have you been to Jamie's & Jimmy's café?

I have not no I rarely go to the seafront even though I only really live minutes away and thanks for the welcome.

I have not no I rarely go to the seafront even though I only really live minutes away and thanks for the welcome.

Why not, love the seaside, just 'cos its on your doorstep, doesn't mean you should not appreciate it. That's why lots of people go to the seaside home & abroad for their hols. You won't miss it till its gone, or no longer there.

Thanks for the response, bit nerving but I know what I'm doing which helps, as well as a lot of studying.

Downloaded and I'll have a read through, it seems pretty standard at least if you compare it to things like 7671.
I've got the app never use it, doesn't mean I don't consider the potential issues for my customers or fellow workers.

Welcome to the forum.
Do Napit not require a waste disposal policy as well? I seem to remember this.
But in general it sounds like you have a good handle on it and lack of a policy would just require you to send it over later.
Lack of suitable installation work may be more of an issue!:)
Hope it goes well.

Welcome to the forum.
Do Napit not require a waste disposal policy as well? I seem to remember this.
But in general it sounds like you have a good handle on it and lack of a policy would just require you to send it over later.
Lack of suitable installation work may be more of an issue!:)
Hope it goes well.
waste disposal policy would that also require registration with environment agency for waste licence of some sort? I got pulled up by the waste jobsworth in a scrap yard few months back for not having a carriers licence! i was only weighing a load of copper in and all.

waste disposal policy would that also require registration with environment agency for waste licence of some sort? I got pulled up by the waste jobsworth in a scrap yard few months back for not having a carriers licence! i was only weighing a load of copper in and all.
As far as I understand it, if you are carrying waste materials then you need to be a registered waste carrier, the lower tier exemption does not apply to those doing construction or demolition work, which foolishly covers electrical work as well.
To transport waste you need to complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste you transport.
The collection and storage of waste generated by your business (as an electrician) is covered by a non waste framework directive exemption from the EA so long as you do not treat the waste, only sort and store it and limit the storage amounts and duration (3 months).

I registered as a lower tier waste carrier, it was previously discussed on this forum. Even disposing on small levels of waste requires registration;

FAQs - https://environmental-licences.co.uk/FAQs.html

Any waste from my work, I inform my customer that they have to dispose of it, cardboard, plastic bags etc. My licence wouldn't cover me to take waste cable to the scrappy. Best do a recce of the scrappy beforehand :)

Reply to Hello Everyone, Figured I'd Register. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net