Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Hello Everyone.... Help if possible? in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Andrew1889

Andrew1889 EF Member

Hello everyone I am completely new to this forum and to the trade in general.

I’m 29 and currently looking at changing my career of which I plan to start college later this year to eventually become a qualified electrician.

In the interim I’m looking for experience of which I’m willing to work for free for and in particular work on a Saturday/Sunday in the West Yorkshire area. I am willing to work on a voluntary basis and at any time.

I have my own transport, tools are something I am trying to build up as I go but I do have some of the basics.

It would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction or any advice you can give would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
    A hopeful sparky

2. Judd

Judd Regular EF Member

If your willing to travel to Liverpool you can help me wire my security alarm, i don't fancy getting in the loft . .
    Perhaps ring some of your local contractors and see how it goes, they may even take you on,

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew1889

Andrew1889 EF Member

Thank you for the offer and honestly if you were that bit closer I’d have definitely have done it as any experience right now is important to me.

I’ve tried a few self employed ones and none of them seem to do weekends or it’s mainly quotes.

There’s a few local firms that I am yet to try.